Number Plate Lights Problem - HELP!!!

YipW

Aug 4, 2014
Hey guys, i have a problem with the number plate lights at the moment. I was hoping that maybe someone could help me out.

I had a friend who told me i should my number plate lights to the same as his (led) as it looks better. He advised me to purchase from halfords, so i wouldnt have to wait for delivery.

Listening to his words i did, i just fitted them on then turned on the lights, but the number plate lights aren't lighting up. I immediately thought it was a fault with the bulbs and changed back to the original ones. But now with the original ones fitted, the light still doesn't turn on.

Could anyone tell me why and is there a solution to this? thank you.

Car ~ Seat Ibiza 2013, facelift model.

Thanks Guys Much Appreciated!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hey guys, i have a problem with the number plate lights at the moment. I was hoping that maybe someone could help me out.

I had a friend who told me i should my number plate lights to the same as his (led) as it looks better. He advised me to purchase from halfords, so i wouldnt have to wait for delivery.

Listening to his words i did, i just fitted them on then turned on the lights, but the number plate lights aren't lighting up. I immediately thought it was a fault with the bulbs and changed back to the original ones. But now with the original ones fitted, the light still doesn't turn on.

Could anyone tell me why and is there a solution to this? thank you.

Car ~ Seat Ibiza 2013, facelift model.

Thanks Guys Much Appreciated!

Check the fuse box for a blown fuse

YipW

Aug 4, 2014
Check the fuse box for a blown fuse

Okay ill take a look, is the fuse box on the passenger's side of the glovebox?
Also how can i tell if its blown ?

Sorry if there is so many basic questions!

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Okay ill take a look, is the fuse box on the passenger's side of the glovebox?
Also how can i tell if its blown ?

Sorry if there is so many basic questions!

Fuse box is on the right of the steering wheel - pop out panel low on the dash

check your owners book for the correct numbered fuse

you will be able to see what looks like a snapped wire in the end of the fuse.

YipW

Aug 4, 2014
Fuse box is on the right of the steering wheel - pop out panel low on the dash

check your owners book for the correct numbered fuse

you will be able to see what looks like a snapped wire in the end of the fuse.

Ah i see thank you, that little storage space where i normally put my packet of tissues aha.
Is there suppose to be a latch or something which i press in, in order to take the cover off? Im looking at the manual, it just seems to just show the location but not provide instructions on how remove it. I just don't want to force it out.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Ah i see thank you, that little storage space where i normally put my packet of tissues aha.
Is there suppose to be a latch or something which i press in, in order to take the cover off? Im looking at the manual, it just seems to just show the location but not provide instructions on how remove it. I just don't want to force it out.

Hand in the hole and just pull

YipW

Aug 4, 2014
Hand in the hole and just pull

Ive managed to pull the cover to see the fuse box. Now i need to identify which one. But the seat manual doesn't say at all. Would you happen to know =D?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Ive managed to pull the cover to see the fuse box. Now i need to identify which one. But the seat manual doesn't say at all. Would you happen to know =D?

Don't have the book with me but I seem t remember that page 206 of the book has the fuse descriptions.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.