offset advice

in standard suspension at the moment. with some cheapy 15s that came with the car.

its supposed to have the oe 16s but some bugger must have swapped them before i bought the car,

ive been offered a set of et28 7.5 16s and just was wondering if they would scrub the arch when i eventually fit the coilovers.

but also there are et20s as well which i guess will stick out more, i dont want to have to stretch tyres just to get them legally in line with the body etc.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
the trick is to know a base figure where you have to start when comparing. i could tell you compared to standard rims exactly what the differences will be but that's irelevant if you haven't got standard rims of course

you need the current wheel spec or try fitting a different wheel with a known size/spec and go from there

easy to do with the right info but don't forget even different tyre size/profile will affect the arch issue also

but i'm sure someone with similar size/spec will pop up and offer some info

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
generally though would an et20 in 7.5 x 16 be too wide?

standard ibiza/cordy 16s are 6.5x16 et35 is that right?

standard multispoke 16's are 6x16 et38

as for the 7.5 (et20) compared to standard rims above

1mm less inside - so no worries

37mm extension on the outside could be pushing it though if low low

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if you take one off then measure it ? :) can get within a 1mm or so with a tape measure using it flat on the floor plus you might ??? even have it stamped on it somewhere with some luck ?

i'm guessing that it will be a positive offset rim so this is how

wheeloffsetpositive.jpg

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
doesn't sound like they would leave much room for spacers if needed that's for sure :)

jabbo

I'm running 6.5s on the back with an ET of 25. When wound right down on the coilovers I had scrubbing issues. The car's now approximately 100mm down at the back and they just clear.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.