Oh my god its dead

bensaud

Here for the ride
May 26, 2001
Cambridge
Well did I have fun on Thursday night....... A tractor pulled out on me from a farm yard and left me hardly any room to avoid it by luck and chance I managed to miss the tractor and then because I bassically sh!t myself I slowed down to about 15-20 MPH infront of the tractor when I looked in my mirror it was still accellerating towards me, so I tired to put my foot down but it was to late, I got the full force of a tractor weight into the back of my Leon so it is totalled. :cry:

It's a real shame I have had the car since new (2000) and it has never let me down and I will never be able to afford another new car and I bet the insurance will offer me really bad money for it :cry:

I might by the car back off the insurance company but not really sure what I will do with it, maybe put the engine in my Anglia...... now thats a thought or maybe sell the bits to try and make my money back.......

Think my next might be a MK1 130/150 Leon Diesel

bensaud

Here for the ride
May 26, 2001
Cambridge
RIP

Leon5.jpg

Cupraloon

Oh.... not good

Look on the bright side (if you can) stick the engine in the anglebox, that would make an awesome sleeper or straight line car...

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I hope your claiming for whip-lash injuries, i bet you have a sore neck and back. Its his fault, he drove into the back of you.

What you lose on the car, you might make some of it back in injuries compensation. Got to be worth a shot.

Goto A&E and get yourself checked out, if you have logged a visit with a hospital it all goes in your favour.

Cupraloon

thats a good point, i got several grand when some idiot drove into me several years ago, but you'll need a decent solicitor i used Fentons they advertise on the telly now.

Only probelm is you'll probably be waiting at least 12-18 months to get any money, you can also claim for hire car costs, hospital bills..... so it's a win, win really if you go for it.

bensaud

Here for the ride
May 26, 2001
Cambridge
I have been to the doctor and he said I have whiplash so I should get some injury money, not that I really like doing that as it drives the cost of insurance up

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
At the end of the day whether it pumps up insurance or not, thats not going to change. So make use of it.

Certainly seems the trend, but not really a subscriber to that theory myself - my other half suffered whiplash in our recent shunt, I claimed on behalf of her, but not myself, as I wasn't injured. I guess to me it doesn't seem right if I 'm fine.

funny really - people get frowned upon when not declairing revo to their insurance company, but making fraudulent injury claims is fine - all part of modern day life I suppose!

Glad the OP is ok though, sounded nasty.

Barker1977

It`s not really a false claim if the guy has whiplash, the tractor pulled out in front of him and then the idiot driver managed to smash into the back of the poor guy. Do tractors not have brakes these days?

Get as much compo as you can i say, lets face it the money you get for your car will barely cover buying a new one so you will need extra.

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
It`s not really a false claim if the guy has whiplash, the tractor pulled out in front of him and then the idiot driver managed to smash into the back of the poor guy.

I wasn't saying its a false claim - turns out the OP IS injured, and is rightly entitled to claim. Glad he's ok.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Sorry to hear of the crash m8 :(, any pictures of the damage?. I bet a tractor in the boot left a big hole:D

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
bad luck Saud, how blind could that tractor driver have been.
Glad you're OK etc etc

can we have some gore pics now?

bensaud

Here for the ride
May 26, 2001
Cambridge
Boy did it leave a big hole, kinked th roof just above te drivers door too :blink:.
I am going to get my wheels off the car soon so I will get some pics, still hoping to buy it back from the insurance and maybe sell the parts off or even transplant the engine into something else........not sure what yet though, it would be a shame to let it go for scrap......

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Sorry to hear about that :( I hope the farmer has insurance... I had a claim that went on for almost a year when a farmer's daughter drove into my car in her dads car. They told me they were with NFU... first off, NFU said they had no policy records of the car involved. Then almost a month later, as if by magic, the farmer was insured, but no mention of an additional driver on the policy. Then, having carried out his own repairs to his car, he tried to deny all knowledge! Some time later, his daughter appeared on the policy as a named driver. I'm so glad I took out legal protection with my policy!! As I said, the whole claim took almost a year... must have cost them a small fortune too!

shamoo

Jan 3, 2007
when a freind wrote off his car, he was driving a saxo vtr and went into the back of some1 at 20mph lol and wrote it off, what a car! anyway, the insurance company offered him X amount and he said it wasn't good enough, so when the insurance comp offer you an amount try and haggle saying the car was worth more.

bensaud

Here for the ride
May 26, 2001
Cambridge
when a freind wrote off his car, he was driving a saxo vtr and went into the back of some1 at 20mph lol and wrote it off, what a car! anyway, the insurance company offered him X amount and he said it wasn't good enough, so when the insurance comp offer you an amount try and haggle saying the car was worth more.

Yeah I have heard that many times the insurance always try it on 1st time. I have also heard they try and charge huge amounts for salvage costs.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.