Oil in my Leon or lack of!!!

TDI PEP

LEON MKII FR TDi
Apr 22, 2002
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Visit site
Checked my car over yesterday, tyre pressures, screen wash etc. Checked the oil and bone dry, I mean I pulled the dip stick gave it a wipe put it back in when pulled out nothing on it.
The car was serviced in October at 10k miles and have only covered 5k miles since then. I havent checked oil since service, reason as it had only used about a litre in first 10k miles so thought it would of been ok.

So could this mean the dealer forgot to put enough/any oil back in once drained at service?

I have put oil in the car and checked this morning and still same level.

To be honest not bothered to go to dealer as its been 6 months since service and would be probably told nothing they could do.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
You should check it regularly even if it doesn't change level, it's when it does and you don't check something will happen. Always check oil level after a service too, if it lloks too low, back in and give 'em hell!

foxy367

May 12, 2007
Wigan
Can anyone tell me this, the oil bought from Seat is 5W-30 but I get oil with my fuel card for work and can only buy 10w-30 from Shell. Both are Shell Helix high performance oil but can I use 10w-30 or not?

Thudd

I'd be highly surprised if your dealer used anything other than the big tank of 10w30 they've got round the back...

I'd be highly surprised if your dealer used anything other than the big tank of 10w30 they've got round the back...
Sorry but thats not how it works, we're regularly audited by VAG on just about everything from the make of coffee in the tech's brew room to the colour of the girl in accounts knickers and I can assure you that this includes thorough checks on the type of oil we use. The penalties for failing the VAG audits are too Draconian too even consider corner cutting on oil.

foxy367

May 12, 2007
Wigan
PD engines oil is marked with a VW50?.?? mark. Check Oil in your TDI thread in TDI section

Thanks for pointing that out I hadn't realised the TDI thread was so comprehensive normally just come into Leon Mk 2 and saw a thread on oil. I had picked it up as it said on the back VW 505 00 not 505 01. I will be searching out my 5W-40 (not 30 as I put above!!!!!) :doh:

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.