Oil pressure 0.7 bar (10 psi) on warm idle. This normal?

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Hi
I have a LCR. Just had new oil and volt gauge fitted. New oil breather, oil, sump clean, new dipstick and gearbox flush etc.

I have noticed after a run or driving normal when engine up to temp my idle oil pressure is about 10 psi. Once I have stopped there's a definite note change in the exhaust. My natural idle I have always felt was low (just under 1k rpm) but just wondering if this needs seeing to?

Also getting 4.8 bar when at 80mph. Isn't that high?

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Hi
I have a LCR. Just had new oil and volt gauge fitted. New oil breather, oil, sump clean, new dipstick and gearbox flush etc.

I have noticed after a run or driving normal when engine up to temp my idle oil pressure is about 10 psi. Once I have stopped there's a definite note change in the exhaust. My natural idle I have always felt was low (just under 1k rpm) but just wondering if this needs seeing to?

Also getting 4.8 bar when at 80mph. Isn't that high?
Not sure on oil pressures but my idle sits under 1k after its warmed up. When it idled higher it was misfiring

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Oh ok

Yeh after a run with various levels of driving when I come to a stop it dips down to 0.7 bar.

If I start the car and let it warm for 29 mins then it settles to 1 bar on idle. It's weird so after a drive it affects it.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Oh ok

Yeh after a run with various levels of driving when I come to a stop it dips down to 0.7 bar.

If I start the car and let it warm for 29 mins then it settles to 1 bar on idle. It's weird so after a drive it affects it.
Ye i think after a drive the oils more than likley going to be hotter plus engine itself being hotter so may bring the pressure down with oil being thinner. Just a theory

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I believe it should be around
Start engine (engine oil temperature at least 80 ° C).
Oil pressure at idling speed: at least 1.0 bar
Oil pressure at 3000 rpm: between 3.5 and 4.5 bar