Oil suggestion

MiTz

Jul 23, 2018
Hi guys

Has anyone used this oil ? It's reasonable money
TOTAL Quartz 9000 Future NFC 5w30 Fully Synthetic

I was looking at this also, but costs a good bit more.
Castrol Edge 5W30 Titanium FST Fully Synthetic

I'm looking to buy some for top ups in between services.

Leon FR 1.4 tsi 150

Thanks

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Total is a reliable brand so you cant really go too wrong there. As long as you're sticking 5W30 Fully Synthetic in you'll be grand. My recommendation with oil is always spend a bit more if you can. Oil is the blood of your engine, if you really want to look after it, a high quality oil with a regular service interval a wise investment for the cars future.

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
A quick look doesn't show that Total Oil as being VW spec? (504.00 = LongLife service interval).

Have a shop around. 5litres of Castrol for £30 delivered (if you're in the UK) doesn't seem bad.

I bought 10 Litres of Quantum III 5w/30 for £35, it's what VW used at services, and do my own oil changes.

Do shop around, lots of retailers have special offers. Just go for an oil that is VW 504.00 spec (petrol) or 507.00 (diesel) and you'll be fine, don't get too hung up on the manufacturers' blurb. HTH

Last edited:
Reactions: MiTz

MiTz

Jul 23, 2018
I'm in Ireland, so will have a good search around. I definitely won't be scrimping on the oil, but some of the oils are ridiculously priced in comparison.

I assume there's different oil for the petrol and diesel versions? Although, I know some oils can be used in both depending on the car.

I appreciate the input guys, thanks :thumbup:

Last edited:

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
Disregard my previous post, I'll edit it, I had a brainfart and thought we were talking diesel engines. Apologies.

Petrol Engine Long Life Service Interval spec is VW 504.00. Most of the higher spec oils are both 504 and 507 spec, but there may be some out there which differ.

Reactions: MiTz

Marcusfrench890

Jul 30, 2018
Hi guys

Has anyone used this oil ? It's reasonable money
TOTAL Quartz 9000 Future NFC 5w30 Fully Synthetic

I was looking at this also, but costs a good bit more.
Castrol Edge 5W30 Titanium FST Fully Synthetic

I'm looking to buy some for top ups in between services.

Leon FR 1.4 tsi 150

Thanks
I was looking at some total quartz today to be fair so this has cleared things up that I was thinking on the shop floor, so any oil that’s 5w30 fully synthetic should be good?

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Have a shop around. 5litres of Castrol for £30 delivered (if you're in the UK) doesn't seem bad.

I bought 10 Litres of Quantum III 5w/30 for £35, it's what VW used at services, and do my own oil changes.

Do shop around, lots of retailers have special offers. Just go for an oil that is VW 504.00 spec (petrol) or 507.00 (diesel) and you'll be fine, don't get too hung up on the manufacturers' blurb. HTH

As said do shop around as when you read the specs many brands out perform others no end. Castrol is nearly always on offer somewhere as its the only way they can sell it, Quantum (Castrol owned) no better/worse. Not all Seat dealers use Castrol/Quantum.

For me its Shell/Motul/Liquid Moly or Millers..

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I was looking at some total quartz today to be fair so this has cleared things up that I was thinking on the shop floor, so any oil that’s 5w30 fully synthetic should be good?

It needs to be meet VW spec 504.00 and 507.00;

Disregard my previous post, I'll edit it, I had a brainfart and thought we were talking diesel engines. Apologies.

Petrol Engine Long Life Service Interval spec is VW 504.00. Most of the higher spec oils are both 504 and 507 spec, but there may be some out there which differ.

If you use oil that’s not to 504.00 / 507.00 spec, the chances are any warranty claims relating to your engine will be declined, or if your car’s out of warranty Seat are likely to decline any request for a goodwill contribution towards repairs.

Last edited:

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
A quick look doesn't show that Total Oil as being VW spec? (504.00 = LongLife service interval).

Just go for an oil that is VW 504.00 spec (petrol) or 507.00 (diesel) and you'll be fine, don't get too hung up on the manufacturers' blurb. HTH

Or if petrol and not doing long life go for VW 502.00

MiTz

Jul 23, 2018
I've found this on special offer at the moment in Ireland, with the correct spec. 5 litres for €35, not bad.

KAST 5w30 Euro+ Fully Synthetic Engine Oil. 5 Litre

Thanks for the advice :)

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.