Oooooooo window shopping

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Going to look at a mk1 cupra today...... anything I should be on the look for?

I have great ambitions for the car when I finally get one, however I am a bloke so will probably buy everything I need then use it to stack stuff in the garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Manic172

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Ok so I bought an 02 AUQ. I have a list of stuff I need but at the same time a few queries. It has a leaky door seal I’ve read about so that ones in the bag. First the gear knob/selection feels loose and slack. Probably just worn parts. It’s perfectly driveable but is this normal? Also I hit a big bump and had a small jerk. Like the engine cut for a millisecond, I haven’t had a chance to get under there/ change plugs and oil etc. Is this a common thing?

Thanks to this forum I already have stuff saved for other jobs! Real goldmine

Reactions: Syphon

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Has it had a aftermarket gear nob but on
If you unclip the plastic ring around the gear stick gâter from the hand brake and lift up towards the centre console it should come off the clips and lift it up so you can see the metal clip around the bottom off the nob holding the gear nob to the metal shaft see if that is tight if the whole thing is lose there is two nuts under the centre console 13mms and I’m afraid the other two are under the cat the centre heat shield needs to come off so you can get to the other two to see if they are tight

As for the cut out for a millisecond it should not do that first thing I would check is to see if the battery terminals are tight

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Yeah I need to have a proper look under the bonnet. I also thought could be the very beginning of a coil pack going?

Thanks for the info on the gear stick.

I did notice last night if I’m in first and take my foot off the throttle I feel a light bit of movement through the stick. My guess would be mounts?

Never owned a seat before! It’s **** fast though

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
So found something while cruising the mot history

Offside Front Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4 (a) (i))

What is this? I have a knock and also a squeaky noise coming from that area

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Mate I’m lost here haha. Is it the wishbone bush?

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Awesome. Time to dig the axle stands out cheers mate

Reactions: Rich.T

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
My suspension squeaked because one of the bolts had simply sheared and dropped out. Put it on full lock and have a peer about with a torch

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
My suspension squeaked because one of the bolts had simply sheared and dropped out. Put it on full lock and have a peer about with a torch

Can you remember which one? Rain killed my aspirations of getting under it yesterday.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.