Our (new to us) Mk1 Leon Cupra

chrissyp83

Jan 8, 2013
Morning all.

We recently purchased our Seat Leon Cupra, 74k and only 2 owners from new. Its completely standard except K&N panel filter, LED side lights, LED interior front lights and a nice Alpine headunit but for all intensive purposes its standard. Debadged 1/2 her backend, left the Seat and cupra on the rear left but they will be coming off.

So I spent a couple of hours giving her a scrub

Snow foam with demon shine snow foam
Rinse
Wash with the works shampoo
Rinse
Blu-tac all over (best we don't talk about my clay bar)
Rinse
Handwash
Rinse
Kleers detar
Rinse
Dry
Megs ultimate polish
Megs carnuba wax
Megs detailing spray.

Interior
Steam clean seats and carpets
Demon Shine multi surface cleaner

Future plans ...
UK legal pressed plates
Replace aerial
Remove lights/ grills and clean all apertures
AMD remap
Milltek/ Magnex exhaust
Upper front strut brace
Wheels are a little dull which seems to be an inherent problem but think these maybe refurbed
Clean and paint calipers
and .... Enjoy

Anyway comments welcome

Last edited:

kevlaa

Altea Stylance / Arona FR Evo
Oct 12, 2010
s.wales
Nice car, I miss my Mk1! Another thing to do on your to do list if it's not been done the dreaded door seals! Lol

chrissyp83

Jan 8, 2013
Nice car, I miss my Mk1! Another thing to do on your to do list if it's not been done the dreaded door seals! Lol

good point thanks, had to do a couple of doors on my old Passat, touch wood ... at the moment they seem ok but am certainly keeping a close eye

chrissyp83

Jan 8, 2013
So it rained last night and decided I needed to do the door seals ... they weren't encroaching the threshold just yet but they were only a few mm off. Fun job, not! Fingers crossed.

andygrim

Sep 1, 2014
Lol its not to bad mate did mine last month just make sure your not using sealant and get the old stuff off your be fine bud

chrissyp83

Jan 8, 2013
Lol its not to bad mate did mine last month just make sure your not using sealant and get the old stuff off your be fine bud

Yeah cheers mate, all done, was far easier than my Passat B5. I didn't use Silicone but used a non hardening sealant called Silkaflex which is used widely in the caravan and boating industry and I used it with great success on replacing all the seals on my external lockers on my caravan recently.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.