Over sensitive ACC and sat nav

Apr 1, 2022
Hi all.
My first post and after 35 years of driving my first time with a Cupra Formentor V2 petrol!
I was wondering if anybody else has experienced the same problem I have related to the automated cruise control. When I am driving on the motorway and I have the ACC engaged and the car in front of me Pulls onto the slip road My car starts to decelerate even though there are no cars directly in front of me. It is As if the camera is slightly left of centre. It has also occurred where there has been a road parallel on the left where the speed limit was 50 mph and my car decelerated. Has anybody else had this problem?

Another problem I have is with the satnav again on the motorway, the satnav Tracks as if I am going down the slip road around the island and rejoining the motorway as opposed to going straight across the island. Has anybody else experience that?

finally, I find the voice activated software really useful and helpful however it seems to be activated by general conversation in the car without giving a specific instruction. It is as if it is overly sensitive. Anybody else experience this?

Looking forward to any responses!

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
First problem - well known. Do a search in here. Supposedly fixed in latest SW versions, or you can pay to buy obdeleven and switch it off yourself.

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
Sadly not fully fixed in the latest software .

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Sadly not fully fixed in the latest software .

It is nuts and frustrating that they can't seem to fix these basic issues.

And then they have the cheek to threaten warranty issues if you dare sort it yourself to make the car act normally.

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
I thought I was on the latest ,but I am on 1890 not the 1896 version
So it may well be fixed

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
I thought I was on the latest ,but I am on 1890 not the 1896 version
So it may well be fixed

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm very new to the Cupra threads here so trying to catch up. Are the software updates automatic or do I need to download them within the infotainment system, or maybe online via USB stick? Hoping it's not a dealer only thing :(. I think I've read the system connects using EE. If that's the case then I'm knackered at home as EE cover is crap around here. I have a V2 Formentor Hybrid bought just a week ago if it helps. TBH I've no issues currently so far but reading these threads the latest updates seem to make life easier.

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
as far as I am aware Major updates are done via the dealer ,there are sometimes minor over the air updates but they only fix minor issues.
1896 is the latest version .
You can check your version on the infotainment system (never remember where) and see which version you have ,
I am guessing 1890 as you got your car roughly the same time as I did.
This version fixes a lot of bugs the earlier versions have but still has some minor issues.

Enjoy the car for what it is

Reactions: oldgitdave
Sep 17, 2021
Thanks for the info Spivvy, very helpful. I just checked the version on mine and it’s only 1804 so way behind. Do you know if the dealer charges to update the software or is it free. I’ve had my car 7 months now and have experienced a number of issues posted here. You sometimes feel the car has a mind of its own as things change in the settings all by themselves. Most recent one on mine is the auto hold function which came on without being selected and has turned itself off by itself. Sometimes the keyless entry works and sometimes it doesn’t? I guess I got the moody version 😂

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
I don't think they charge but it does take 4 or 5 hours ,but I am not sure ,someone on here will know

Reactions: Dr Bob

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Just say you're keeping having issues then it'll be upgraded, and any cost would be covered by warranty.

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
Must admit with all the software problems documented its put me off ordering a Formentor.
I've had my Formentor for nearly 3 weeks now and have done 850 miles and haven't had any major issues apart from some small bugs such the initial over sensitive voice control which can easily be turned off and the sat nav issue but I tend to use Google Maps instead

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Bob and Andy.M

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
Hi all.
My first post and after 35 years of driving my first time with a Cupra Formentor V2 petrol!
I was wondering if anybody else has experienced the same problem I have related to the automated cruise control. When I am driving on the motorway and I have the ACC engaged and the car in front of me Pulls onto the slip road My car starts to decelerate even though there are no cars directly in front of me. It is As if the camera is slightly left of centre. It has also occurred where there has been a road parallel on the left where the speed limit was 50 mph and my car decelerated. Has anybody else had this problem?

Another problem I have is with the satnav again on the motorway, the satnav Tracks as if I am going down the slip road around the island and rejoining the motorway as opposed to going straight across the island. Has anybody else experience that?

finally, I find the voice activated software really useful and helpful however it seems to be activated by general conversation in the car without giving a specific instruction. It is as if it is overly sensitive. Anybody else experience this?

Looking forward to any responses!
For the voice control you can turn of the wake word you need to go to System Settings -> Voice Control -> Wake Word- Active and toggle off can activate it by pressing the voice button on the steering wheel instead.

I've also experienced the satnav thinking I'm coming off the mway onto to slip road when using the inbuilt just to try it out but I use Google Maps instead

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise