Ownership review

PaulDH

Apr 22, 2007
South Yorkshire
Had the car for around 3 months now and love 95% of it!:D

Having come from the Impreza I was a smidging bit concerned about losing the overtaking ability in 1st and 2nd gears but must say that I'm not disappointed at all. Yeah it doesn't have the same performance but it has really surprised me how much it pulls when the turbo kicks in, especially 3rd gear. I can fully appreciate how much of a smile you FR boys (and girls) must have on your faces when the right foot gets planted:funk:

I love the looks of it, the ride, the performance, the economy and even the cabin (to an extent!). The remaining 5% that I don't love is down to the flaming rattles and vibrations[:@]

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
I am so happy with my FR TFSI. I quite like the plain interior but I am a bit of a minimalist anywaway, I just cant work out the stupid climate control, too many buttons.

Dont have any rattles or weird noises. I love the way it pulls and how smooth it is, also the steering and cornering are amazing.

Could go on all day raving about it. :D

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
I am so happy with my FR TFSI. I quite like the plain interior but I am a bit of a minimalist anywaway, I just cant work out the stupid climate control, too many buttons.

Dont have any rattles or weird noises. I love the way it pulls and how smooth it is, also the steering and cornering are amazing.

Could go on all day raving about it. :D

What can't you work on the climate control?

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
Got the 140 Ref Sport Aero mate, I meant that I can appreciate what it must be like in the FR (diesel)

Sorry for the confusion:blink:

I love my FR170, though id say the 140 is a little bit more drivable with less turbo lag.. It can be annoying sometimes in the wet putting the power down and it comes in one giant lump after 2000 revs :D:lol:

PaulDH

Apr 22, 2007
South Yorkshire
I can imagine! Mine wheel spins everytime in 2nd gear in the dry if I put my foot fully down and let the turbo spin up. I had an Altea courtesy car for a day and think that must have been a 170 as the kick came just over 2000rpm. Felt a little lagging up to that but brutal after:) Dint like the car tho compared to the Leon:D

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
Which tyres did you get on it? Mine never really wheelspins in the dry (michelin pilot exaltos), but the TC kicks in in the wet in 2nd if I'm flooring it in second, which is pretty dumb, so doesn't happen often :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.