P0016 Crankshaft Position on Leon MK2 2.0 TSI FR

mattyh001

Mar 19, 2002
Stafford
Visit site
Hi,

I've searched the forum but can't seem to find an answer to my query.

I have a 2010 Leon MK2 2.0 TSI FR (211 HP PETROL) CCZB which is slow to start. Once it's started it runs ok and seems to idle ok. I've checked the codes using an OBD reader and I'm getting "P0016 Crankshaft Position/Camshaft Position, Correlation Bank 1 Sensor A."

If I clear the code then the car starts first crank no problem, then after a while the code comes back and the slow start returns. I can also smell petrol, which may or may not have any relevance.

My question is does it seem that there is a mechanical issue with the correlation with maybe the timing chain jumping a tooth or could it just be either the crankshaft or camshaft sensors are faulty?

Can anyone advise where the crank and cam sensors are and I can check and replace them?

TIA

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
Hi Mate

I would take the camshaft position sensor out first and check for swaf accumulated.
Give it a wipe clean if so..

Also check measuring block 93 hopefully should be around 0 & -3KW.

If you look at the left side of the inlet manifold, you will see the cam sensor going into the camshaft area pointing to the sky.
Held in with a T30 bolt.

Crankshaft sensor sits behind the oil filter housing slightly to the right held in with a 6mm allen bolt.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.