Panoramic Roof Question?

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
When the pan roof is specced, what colour is the headlining ?
On the configurator 360 view the headlining is light but on the clickable options panel it says black.
Confusing!

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Thanks, is that the whole roof including the pillars or just the sun blind area?

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
Thanks, is that the whole roof including the pillars or just the sun blind area?
It is everything, the A, B, & C pillars and the whole roof. Every model used to have a black headlining, and they changed the V1 & V2 last July to have grey headlining, but if you spec'd the pan roof, the grey was swapped to black. The last brochure I seen for the Formentor still said the grey was changed to black for V1 & V2 with pan roof. If you're going for a VZ model the headlining is black no matter what.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
It is everything, the A, B, & C pillars and the whole roof. Every model used to have a black headlining, and they changed the V1 & V2 last July to have grey headlining, but if you spec'd the pan roof, the grey was swapped to black. The last brochure I seen for the Formentor still said the grey was changed to black for V1 & V2 with pan roof. If you're going for a VZ model the headlining is black no matter what.
Thanks, very informative, that clears it up!

I wonder why they change it to black? The idea of having the roof is to lighten it up.

Reactions: Big A

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
I wonder why they change it to black? The idea of having the roof is to lighten it up.
Probably because it's cheaper having just a black panoramic roof lining than it is to have a black and a grey panoramic roof lining, although would've thought keeping all the headlinings black throughout all models like that used to have, would've been cheaper.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
If I put a VZ2 in the configurator it shows the correct black lining with a pan roof. Looks OK.
Now just need to decide between Blue or Black leather with the Magnetic Tech Grey paint ? :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Gbbeesls
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members