Passenger mirror dip

PxuL

May 30, 2017
HELP NEEDED
🤞🏼

I have a 63 plate leon FR which didn't come with mirror dip enabled. I bought an Audi A3 2018 passenger door module 5Q0959592E same part number is fitted in passats and mk7 golfs. My P/N is 5Q4959592 which doesn't support mirror dip on via obdeleven.

When I installed it into my car and enabled some coding the mirror dip works however it dips too far down and no matter how many times I follow the official procedure to set the dip memory, it still dips too far down. When it returns to the original position it always goes about 2-3cm higher than where it was before reversing.

I was thinking if anyone had changed their modules and maybe if my car being 3door would affect this? Should I be trying to source a 3dr passenger module from 2015ish onwards instead?

Any response is appreciated

Leon097

Jun 13, 2021
The Netherlands
I’m not sure wether the mirrordip not working is a coding problem, but as far as I’m aware; doormodules from Audi/Skoda won’t work well with Seat’s.

You have the following modules-series:

- Seat/Skoda
- Audi/Volkwagen

You can seperate them by the slightly different lay-out/color scheme.

So, the two modules within the relevant
manufactor has a different dataset as well. So Skoda has it’s own Dataset and so does Seat.

Basically, an Audi module in Seat will not work well, but a Skoda module in a Seat will work if the correct dataset is flashed on to it.

The best solution is to use modules which came of the same model as yours.

Hope you get my explanation. :)

Reactions: PxuL

PxuL

May 30, 2017
I’m not sure wether the mirrordip not working is a coding problem, but as far as I’m aware; doormodules from Audi/Skoda won’t work well with Seat’s.

You have the following modules-series:

- Seat/Skoda
- Audi/Volkwagen

You can seperate them by the slightly different lay-out/color scheme.

So, the two modules within the relevant
manufactor has a different dataset as well. So Skoda has it’s own Dataset and so does Seat.

Basically, an Audi module in Seat will not work well, but a Skoda module in a Seat will work if the correct dataset is flashed on to it.

The best solution is to use modules which came of the same model as yours.

Hope you get my explanation. :)
Hey! Thanks for your input appreciate it.

I understand where you're coming from regarding the brand's sharing some datasets/parts and work together better.

But I'd assume Audi would've worked closer to Seat as they produced 3dr Audi A3's? Skoda doesn't really have any 3 door golf/Leon/A3 comparison?

I might try buy a newer Leon passenger module from probably 2015+ hopefully the 3dr/5dr thing isn't coded into the module but I'll have to just experiment

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
HELP NEEDED
🤞🏼

I have a 63 plate leon FR which didn't come with mirror dip enabled. I bought an Audi A3 2018 passenger door module 5Q0959592E same part number is fitted in passats and mk7 golfs. My P/N is 5Q4959592 which doesn't support mirror dip on via obdeleven.

When I installed it into my car and enabled some coding the mirror dip works however it dips too far down and no matter how many times I follow the official procedure to set the dip memory, it still dips too far down. When it returns to the original position it always goes about 2-3cm higher than where it was before reversing.

I was thinking if anyone had changed their modules and maybe if my car being 3door would affect this? Should I be trying to source a 3dr passenger module from 2015ish onwards instead?

Any response is appreciated
Have you tried putting the car into reverse then, once the mirror has dipped, adjust it to where you want using the control on the door then take car out of reverse and drive off it should go to normal position.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
The mirror dip was standard on 2013 FR models, but was then removed due to the issues that you experienced (eg not returning to correct location consistently).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you probably didn't need to buy the new module either, as the original one would have done the same coding.

There are two elements to the coding on pre-2015 models. First part is for the mirror dip; second part is for a menu in the infotainment to toggle function on/off.

Reactions: Leon097

Leon097

Jun 13, 2021
The Netherlands
Yes, but there might be something to do with the modules. I had Mirror Dip enabled om my previous Leon (Ecomotive) without folding mirrors. It did not 100% return to the original position after dipping.

Later on I retrofitted folding mirrors and so the modules as well. Since then Mirror Dip worked without issues. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t believe the mirrors itself remembers the returning positions?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members