Passenger Side Rattle/Creak

Nov 28, 2023
Hi All,

I recently bought an approved used MK3 Leon. 69 plate with 25,000 miles, automatic 1.6TDI. Full service history and full clean MOT history. On the second day I noticed a creaking/rattle on the attached videos when going over uneven road surfaces and bumps.

I have spoken to the dealer and they are going to look at it under warranty. I also went to a mechanic and had it quickly checked over and there is nothing obvious and the car is safe. I recently rechecked and did my tyre pressures and the noise has gone down a lot and is hard to notice but it could also be down to the cold weather recently.

With the noise going down considerably recently I’m expecting the dealer to not find any issues.

Has anyone had similar and resolved the issue fully? I have attached links to videos I have took which got the dealers attention.

Thanks

https://youtube.com/shorts/hIlt17Qqmpc?si=MovNY2vI6Hkvt6pZ

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
If it's what I think it is, more Leons do it than don't. We've had four and three of them creaked over speed bumps. First one, dealer said it was fixed. Wasn't. Ignored it since.

It won't get any better but it won't get worse either. Don't know what it is but the radio fixes it ;0)

• Haha
Reactions: Walone
Nov 28, 2023
Haha thanks! Hopefully it stays quiet like it has just started doing. Going to let the dealer look anyway for peace of mind

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I had a mk6 Golf GTD and the front suspension used to creak when going over speed bumps in warmer, dry weather; cause of the creaking was dry suspension bushes. It didn't make the creaking noise when the roads were wet - presumably the bushes got wet from the road spray, which provided sufficient ‘lubrication’ until they dried out again.

I think VW’s short term fix was to grease the bushes.

Reactions: Mr Pig
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members