Phenolic gaskets are they worth fitting?

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I've been thinking about fitting one for a while. So now I'm gong to be removing the inlet manifold for painting I thought I'd fit one. I just wondered if people think they work and are a worth while mod?
From what I've been reading I'll need two OEM gaskets to fit either side of the phenolic gasket, longer bolts (could anyone tell me how long?) and you don't re use the support bracket for the inlet manifold. Does this sound correct and have I missed anything?

Gulfstream

Jul 31, 2010
Big Up for that gasket during trackdays. Can touch the intake manifold after 40mins racing with that gasket. Without it intake manifold was hot enough for baking.

Reactions: ReDBull

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
That's good feed back I'll be fitting one then. I've been looking at the BAM racing ones on eBay. I think they where recommended on a face book page. I just wanted to double check they worked and if they work that well on your track car it'll do for me.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Thanks Bill I'll have a look. I've also been on to BAM this morning. They have since listed a kit with longer bolts, two gaskets and the phenolic gasket for £54.99 + £4 p&p. Item number 120999433551

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members