Picked up my Monsoon Grey ST 290 Black DSG on Friday

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
I have some mate, just can't upload! Not sure how to do it. I'm a bit rubbish, sorry!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

a7856cb98af4ac1d63a6fa5afc5752f4.jpg
b418a51064f82e72c16a27f9c291c60e.jpg
8e43bba5f200cf70c59d12030ea01bad.jpg
fd44f8731fbae56de9171a8d8285ab80.jpg

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
Came with it mate. Pleased as I had planned to buy some from the dealer at the time of collection.

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Ours is at the dealership awaiting PDI with an expected delivery by the end of the week or beginning of next week. I think the process has been very quick and well within the timescales I expected.
I've been reading posts from people whose cars were built 2 weeks ago and can't understand why they haven't received it yet. I expected the car to take between 4 and 6 weeks to arrive at my door after being built. I ordered about 12 weeks ago so I'm well within the 14 weeks I was quoted.

That's probably me. Mine was bw 38 as well and I got an email 22nd September saying it was in transit. Got an email yesterday to say it's now at the UK port and it will be another 2 weeks before its delivered to the dealer then however long to turn it around at the dealer (which I think is the same dealer as you).

So 2 cars built same week (maybe within a day of each other or same day even) and delivery is 2-3 weeks apart!

Rob_B

May 20, 2004
Mine took 2 weeks from being built to getting to the uk port, then a few days to get to Stockport. Now sorting out the documents and PDI. It all depends on the shipping and logistics side. If you are the last car on the boat then it won't be in Spain for long. You might be first on the boat and have to wait in port for a week. Luck of the draw.
Same with delivery in the uk. There will be hundreds of cars arrive at the uk port in one go, and the delivery lorries only take 10 a time I would guess to all parts of the uk. If there is only 1 car destined for your dealer that day, it will stay there until a load can be made up.
When quoted delivery times I always expect the longest and anything quicker is a bonus.

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Thanks Rob. Never occurred to me that 1st on might be last off the boat etc. Given the deals Lookers had I'm sure there's loads of cars going to them. Depends on the order they sort through them at the port I guess.

Lot more to this vehicle logistics stuff than you first think

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.