plane sound

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Just noticed a funny sound coming from the car alambra 1.9 pd tdi 115bhp version.
Every time when i start it to reverse it out of the drive and park it up. get a sound from the rear passenger side arch. sounds like a plane engine spinning up :confused:
Any suggestions?

roverlander

I Believe this to be the sound of the auxiliary diesel heater which is sited just by the rear wheel, this additional heater is there because these volkswagen diesel engines tend to run cool and therefore to help keep the occupants of the car happy the vehicle has been fitted with this second heater.
There is also a similar sound on the petrol vehicles but this comes from an air pump that blows air in to the engine to assst with the emmissions on cold start ups.This shuts down after a few seconds of running.

roverlander

I believe this to be the sound from the second heater which is tucked in just behind the rear nearside wheel. This is there to supplement the engine heater as these diesel engines are known to run cool therefore to keep such a large cabin area warm VW have fitted a second heater. This is not fitted to the petrol models as they run warm.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Done a scan on aux heater. It came up with this fault. No clue what it means.

VAG-COM Version: Release 303.1

Control Module Part Number: 7M3 815 071 D
Component and/or Version: HEIZG. B/D5W 0001
Software Coding:
Work Shop Code:
5 Faults Found:
01410 - Heater Over-Temp
06-00 - Signal to High
01410 - Heater Over-Temp
06-00 - Signal to High
01410 - Heater Over-Temp
06-00 - Signal to High
01410 - Heater Over-Temp
06-00 - Signal to High
01410 - Heater Over-Temp
06-00 - Signal to High

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.