Plastic Bag in Engine Bay ?

4-candles

May 27, 2006
Kent
Checking under Bonnet and next to coolent bottle, on the inside of the wing is a metal 'pocket'. Inside that is a Plastic Bag with what looks like a Foam block inside. Gave it a bit of a tug, but seems well wedged in.

Any body else got one ?
Anybody know what its for ? (Techies chance to shine :p)

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Ha ha that funny I found this to on my boc today thought may have been the mechanics sandwiches wrapped up:rolleyes: maybe it's just to stop moister:confused:

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
perhaps the foam's there to prevent damage to the coolant bottle in the event of a front side shunt, the plastic bag round it is to protect the foam?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Its there to stop the fuel pipes rattling in the channel, the reason the foam is in the bag is to stop it getting contaminated under the bonnet and decomposing.

kev64

Sep 12, 2009
Chislehurst
hee hee ! nice one 4-candles !! just a reminder that my demist/clima is ok now but it seems other peeps on here are carrying on with the thread i started but fairplay to em cause there is some sensible posts to explain things within it

4-candles

May 27, 2006
Kent
Now there is one Design review meeting I would love to have been at !!

White Coat Technician :- Boss, we have a big problem with the Fuel pipes rattling in the engine bay. Its going to cost 12 Billion Euro to redesign the engine bay to fix it, and push back production by 6 months !!

Fag smoking Oily Rag at back of room :- Now wait one minute. We got all that foam stuff out the back wot the Radios all come in. Why don't we bung a few bits in the gap ?

White Coat Technician :- But will it not get comtaninated by the fluids in the Engine bay ?

Oily Rag :- Nahh, my wife gets them freezer bag thingy's from Lidl's, just 1 Euro for 10. Put the foam in that and its all hunky-dory .

Executive :- so how much is this going to cost us ?

Oily Rag :- Well, we pays a bundle to re-cycle all that waste Foam, so allowing for the bags from Lidl's we should save 5 Euros per car !!

Executive :- Well I am glad I suggested that. Make it so and I'll be on my new Boat if you need me ;)

John33

Oct 12, 2009
Earth
So when we have to order a new foam in the bag the parts dept will have to give us 5 Euros !

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.