Pre-facelift Bi-Xenon Headlight Conversion?

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Managed to get a hold of a pair of Bi-Xenon headlight units for my 2011 Ibiza. I cannot find any info online on how to convert over and anyone I’ve spoken to says don’t waste your time, buttt I’m a bit stubborn and want to make it work. There must be someone on here that’s done it?! Maybe someone from out-with the UK that could help. Any support would be massively appreciated!

e_cupra

Apr 19, 2020
Hi mate,

Not too sure if I can help at all but I recently swapped my Facelift Cupra headlights out for Pre-facelift twin halogens. Had to do a fair bit of wiring but managed it in the end.

Shoot me any questions and I’ll see if I can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e_cupra

Apr 19, 2020
Ahh killer! They’re quite hard to get a hold of right?

I’m swapping just as I prefer the pre-facelift, just something about it

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Ahh killer! They’re quite hard to get a hold of right?

I’m swapping just as I prefer the pre-facelift, just something about it

Yes they are, which was quite disappointing as the were oem black internals too. But after a bit of research I’m glad I did as it involves having to change the BCM and if you want to keep it as close to OEM as possible you need to install the auto-levelling kit too, which was roughly around £400 for a retrofit kit. Too much work for me personally as I don’t have access to the likes of VCDS to copy the BCM data and things.

I like how you are one of the few who likes the pre-facelift. Not many really do, but I like that about mine

e_cupra

Apr 19, 2020
Yes they are, which was quite disappointing as the were oem black internals too. But after a bit of research I’m glad I did as it involves having to change the BCM and if you want to keep it as close to OEM as possible you need to install the auto-levelling kit too, which was roughly around £400 for a retrofit kit. Too much work for me personally as I don’t have access to the likes of VCDS to copy the BCM data and things.

I like how you are one of the few who likes the pre-facelift. Not many really do, but I like that about mine

Damn, quite the find.

Yeah there is a fair bit of work for it but it is possible, you gonna be sticking to the twin halogen headlights then?

Always liked the pre-facelift more but you’re certainly right about people liking the facelift version more.

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Damn, quite the find.

Yeah there is a fair bit of work for it but it is possible, you gonna be sticking to the twin halogen headlights then?

Always liked the pre-facelift more but you’re certainly right about people liking the facelift version more.

Yeah, will be sticking with the twin halogens but thinking about doing a custom build and retrofitting the projectors into them instead. It’ll work out the same price, if not cheaper to do so.

e_cupra

Apr 19, 2020
Yeah, will be sticking with the twin halogens but thinking about doing a custom build and retrofitting the projectors into them instead. It’ll work out the same price, if not cheaper to do so.

Yeah definitely another way to do it and you could certainly do some mad custom work and make them look mad.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.