Price of diesel

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Did anyone else hear on the radio about the minister of transport for europe suggesting all the EU countries should remove the VAT from Fuel to help ease the burden on fuel prices.....

......doubt Brown will like that :rolleyes:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
They should spend our taxes better then they'd not need to tax the hell out of fuel!

If things get to the point of utter stupidity, people will simply stop using the car, move back into the cities, out of town retail stores will close - i'd take a bet on speed cameras becoming redundant too.

I am prepared to stomach up to £2.00 a litre at which point i'll sell the car and rent a place over the road from work.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
£2.00/ltr is too much for my liking even to stomach it. I agree with the tax spenditure, where is it going? Same with the hike in car tax, I don't exactly see much of that being used on the roads around here, resituated an 'improved' a dangerous junction at end of my road, in mine and other people around here it is even more dangerous and just wasted cash. the tax hike needs to stop and b rought to a level of economic stability in terms of transportation of goods, hauliers getting it tough, cheap imports of food etc by cheap eastern EU hauliers should be regulated (undercutting the local haulier).

The economy is suffering big time from Brown's utter uselessness and Labour's greed. The extra tax should be visibly being used to invest and improve renewable sources including biofuels instead of forking out for lazy arses having no jobs which will get worse by increasing taxes as companies will close.

Rant over.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
i honestly think people on benefits should be told that they have a maximum of 30 days to get a job interview and 3 months to get a job.. if not then their benefits are cut compleatly.

i worked out that if i made my girly pregnant (shes 20) and im 21. we could be around 4k better off and we would have a house too.

the bear1986

Jul 25, 2007
norwich
yeah but as mr brown the fuc*ing cu*t is a self centered twat he wont reduced the fuel tax at all as he needs to tax something and fuel is the quickest way to get reveune. so on a down side i think we more of a chance of becoming rich then a tax cut. on a good note does anyone know how the fuel protests went today

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
bnp for me too. Well done the lads today on the protests. The whole country needs to park the car up for the week to have in impact on their pockets. not just the government but the oil companies too. I dug the old push iron out today. going to start biking to work or just half way to begin with.
What sort of money are we going to be paying for tax next year anyway?

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
i think i can only afford to live is if i start to cycle to work anbd back. yes its a 26ish mile round trip, but if i want to eat and try and save for a house , i cannot afford to run a car. thing is though all the rich tossers in the government and around the country dont give a fook paying a couple more pence a litre. its the normal working class thats hit the worst.. iguess we need a serious action plan to stop fuel getting in to this country or at least garages or refineries. we need to blocvk the roads and if there is enough of us in the country they cant arrest us all. im dam well up for it!!!

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Yup... Blockades, make country come to standstill and they have no choice to back down on something. We have the ROI to take advantage of, but the trip for me is just about close enough if i filled up enough containers to save the fuel used, ~20mile one way to border (€'s).

It's madness, Brown needs to know he wont be in gov't next election and make other parties fight for the vote, i.e help out the normal man on the street. I agree about the unemployment benifits too, still benifit dependant society thatt needs to stop Adam1.4 hit the nail on the head!

Marsden1002

Jun 22, 2007
im paying £126.9 in Oldham, Manchester @ Shell. I did start using V-Power before christmas, but when that was 5p more than normal, at the £1.10 mark it became pointless!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.