Price of diesel

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Maybe I should start a rival thread, called "The Weather".

There we could all discuss the daily changes in the weather in each of our own regions.

"Sunny in Manchester today, about 9ºC"
"I've heard on the weather forecast it might only be 8ºC tomorrow"
"You lucky person, it's only 6ºC here"
"I travelled to London yesterday, and it was a degree warmer"
"Raining in Upper Ramsbottom today, but it was dry yesterday"

zzzZZZzzZZZZzzZZZ

T. Spark

Maybe I should start a rival thread, called "The Weather".

There we could all discuss the daily changes in the weather in each of our own regions.

"Sunny in Manchester today, about 9ºC"
"I've heard on the weather forecast it might only be 8ºC tomorrow"
"You lucky person, it's only 6ºC here"
"I travelled to London yesterday, and it was a degree warmer"
"Raining in Upper Ramsbottom today, but it was dry yesterday"

zzzZZZzzZZZZzzZZZ

Bitchy!

Dave H

Mar 12, 2007
Perth, Scotland
2 years ago I bought a diesel car and the price at the pump was only 5p/litre more expensive than the unleaded, seriously frustrates me to see a14p difference per litre today! any explanation for why it is so much more expensive than unleaded?

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
any explanation for why it is so much more expensive than unleaded?

Might have something to do with the goverment telling us all to buy greener cars (diesels), so lots of people went and bought a diesel car, something like 44% of UK cars sold are now diesels - then the price of diesel rockets above petrol.

supply and demand........

Green tax my arse! How can a classic car be 'green' by been tax exempt? Its these heavy polluters that should be paying a premium road tax, same goes for little 2 stroke aprillas etc.

bubbles1986

Sep 23, 2008
Northern Ireland
I think its mental diesel going up the way it has and yet petrol has dropped to 92 per litre in some part diesel is still 106 per litre every one will be looking into petrol cars again and then the goverment will be on everyone's backs again about saving the planet but nice to see the like's of BP havent been hit by the credit crunch by making thousands of pounds every minute.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
has anybody else noticed that though the price dipped quite well - at least to 92.9 for me, shrewsbury, and has over the last couple of weeks risen to a now 98.9, shrewsbury,
yet the price of a barrel is at $33

me thinks we are getting fleeced again yet no news about this in paper or tv - mmmmmmmm

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
has anybody else noticed that though the price dipped quite well - at least to 92.9 for me, shrewsbury, and has over the last couple of weeks risen to a now 98.9, shrewsbury,
yet the price of a barrel is at $33

me thinks we are getting fleeced again yet no news about this in paper or tv - mmmmmmmm

you'll notice that you have quoted the price of a barrel in $'s ... and the cash in your pocket is in £'s ...

Now check out how badly the £ is doing against the $ and you'll realise why there is a rise.

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Just to bring this old thread back up, anyone else noticed this prices are on the rise again, around here you can pay up to 109.9 per L for Diesel, when to Yarmouth Yesterday and I did see it for 101.9 at a couple of places.