Problems opening the boot mk3 leon fr

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
Went out to wash the car earier and in the process of getting my gear out the boot it simply would not open?! When i locked and opened it again using both the general lock button and boot button i could not hear the mechanism inside the boot working? Last week it was froze shut but once warm it opened fine and i think ive had it open since then so any explaination too why its not working? Is there a reset thing for the doors i dont know about cos ive already had the door mirrors failed to close and fixed that by resetting the windows. Is their anything similar with doors? Or how do i open it from inside the boot?
Sorry thats very long
Btw its not froze again its a warm ish day (7°C) not ice at all on the car. Thanks

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
Update: car was taken to the garage and was fixed under warranty (thank god!) Turns out the boot handle switch so was replaced. This could be from when i tried to open the boot when it was frozen over so dont do that!

ched60

Mar 19, 2016
Kent
I'm having an issue with my boot, when its cold the gas struts don't work. My leon is due its first service in a few weeks so I'm definitely going to mention it when booking it in.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Not had those problems but the solenoids on mine make a hell of a racket when it locks/unlocks, so much louder than the mk11 or my Honda.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.