• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Jul 18, 2025
1
0
I have recently acquired a second-hand 71 plate Formentor V2 eTSi Hybrid and I am really enjoying driving it. Less enjoyable is attempting to understand the handbook particularly in respect of the advice on charging the high voltage battery. So far, I have elected to charge using the three pin ‘granny charger’ and this works well for me.

Although the handbook does not refer to it, I have read elsewhere that battery life is improved by not charging over 80%. On page 302 of the handbook, it states that you can ‘Specify the amount of time for which you want the battery to charge………’ and that ‘With programmed charging the battery charge can be programmed and delayed so that the desired battery level is reached at a certain time when the vehicle is connected to the charging socket’.

Unfortunately, the handbook doesn’t go into detail on how to either set a time duration for charging or specify the desired level of charge if this is less than 100%. Despite some hours spent interrogating the infotainment system, I have been unable to identify how to achieve this.

Has anyone a workaround to either programme for a specified charging duration or imposing a limit on the charge level, without manually switching the power off?

All advice gratefully received.
 
Hello,

I also wanted a way of doing this.
The only "solution" I found on youtube was to program the charge end time to around 2h to 2h30m more (if you are slow charging) than the time you are going to use the car (i.e. you will leave home at 8h, you set the end time on the scheduler to around 10h-10h30m). That will leave the car at around 80% of battery.
It's sad that they didn't allow the setting of the "minimum" battery level to go up to 80% (instead of only up to 50%) on the infotainment menu. That would solve all of these issues for us.

Another thing I though was to connect the charger to a smart wall plug and set it to disconnect either after xKWh have been consumed or after x hours. But that doesn't work since we would have to manually calculate the desired value based on the current battery level.