Proud Ibiza owner

Tuneboy

Hi,

Not really new here, been reading alond for some time now, but, just realised I havent properly introduced myself. How rude of me! Certainly considering the fact that my third Ibiza is on the way!

About me:
I am Tommy from Flanders. 26 years old. Married last year.
I name myself Tuneboy on the internet because as I was 14 years old, I was a big fan of 'tuned' cars. And well, not much has changed. I studied Automotive Technology in High School. Been working at the Belgian MOT for about two years and now working as technical assistant, pneumatics and homologations expert for a well known semi-trailer builder from the Antwerp region.

My first car was a yellow Seat Ibiza 1.9TDi 110PS. It might have been chiptuned by its previous owner because, for a first car, it went like a fireball!

After both me and my wife needed a car daily I decided she could have it, and I would buy something newer/faster. Looking around at second hand cars my biggest interest was a good Power/weight/money ratio in a reliable car, and well, it didn't take me long to realise i needed... another Seat Ibiza 1.9TDi, but this time a 130PS 'FR'. After some chiptuning, intake changes, EGR and katalyst removal, light weight wheels, darkened tail lights, orange fog lights and carefully chosen LED-lights I was very happy with it and am still to this date. Well, exept for the insanely hard Bilstein kit that is!

After a small accident last year by my wife we decided not to put any more money in the car and started driving an old Volvo V40 we got for free from my grandfather. The yellow Ibiza found a place at a friend of mine, which to me was very important because this way i can still see my first car whenever I want to! :)

The Volvo is slow as **** and starts disintergrating (did I mention it has a Renault engine). That's why we just ordered a... Seat Ibiza TDi. This time the 105PS 1.6CR TDi 'ST'-version...

Tuneboy

Newest mod: yellow Lamin-X foil over the fog lights, which are connected as daylight running lights with orange LED-bulbs in them.

The cool thing about them (to me) is that you'd expect yellow light, but instead get a very deep orange. The Lamin-x did not alter the color of the LED-bulbs at all.

Some might find it too 'bling' but hey, at least it's something else!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuneboy

Thanks mate! If the weather gets better I'm planning a new photoshoot with some other Ibiza's.

Next mod for my MK4 'FR' is a third license plate light to give it a more even light distriburion instead of the two light beams I have now.

First mod for the wifes MK5 'ST' will be an additional interior light for the rear passengers. And after a few thousand miles... chiptuning+EGR-delete!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise