Questions about SEAT Leon mk2 1.6i 102hp '06 before I buy

bukkake_face

Jan 11, 2013
So I found a decent SEAT Leon mk2 1.6i 8v 102hp '06 with 155k km on it which I'm about to look and most likely to buy on the spot (fingers crossed), but I have some concerns since I'm the owner of a simple 1.4 16v 75hp SEAT Leon and I want to ask your honest opinion about:

* Engine
Is 1.6i 8v MPI 102hp reliable? Does it have any chronical issues e.g. consumes oil, EGR gets clogged often and such? What should I just look for?

* Engine upgrades
How can I tell if the engine was upgraded e.g. chip-tuned? Can I check it with the VCDS?

* Bi-Xenon headlights
Have SEAT Leons ever been sold with the Bi-Xenon headlights from factory?

* Leather seats with heating
I've never driven cars with leather seats, how are they especially in the SEAT Leon? I like long-haul travels and I heard that leather seats typically make you sweat in summer and are freezing cold in winter, are they that bad? If so, can I fix them by covering them with some regular textile covers?

* Electric sunroof
Are sunroofs leaky in SEATs especially in Leon? If so, is it difficult to fix? Do channels and hoses clog easily? Are they easy to unclog? How's the electric part, is it any reliable?

Attachments

• seat_leon_mk2_1.jpg
    seat_leon_mk2_1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 88
  • seat_leon_mk2_2.jpg
    seat_leon_mk2_2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 84
  • seat_leon_mk2_3.jpg
    seat_leon_mk2_3.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 83
  • seat_leon_mk2_4.jpg
    seat_leon_mk2_4.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
I wouldn't worry if the engine has been chip tuned, it wouldn't make any difference whatsoever.

The Mk2 was sold with Bi-Xenon's, picture is abit blurry to say if your one definitely has them, but does look like it.

If you're worried about the leather interior, I'm sure you can either buy a cloth set or just swap with someone.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.