Radio Aux-in

OY06 Leon

Thanks for that, I can stop hunting for it now. Sounds like a must have accessory, I can't stand having cd's all over the place.

Any idea what Chewbacca's problem is??????????

jwb1000

Hello folks,
Total newbie here. Where am I supposed to look for the aux in connectors? I have a March 06 TDi Sport DSG Leon if that helps?

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Just behind the handbrake in the centre bit between the two front seat.

If you do have, you CANNOT miss it !

jwb1000

Thanks for that. I don't have it! So I suppose I can fix the lead into the back of the hi-fi but how do I get it out of the dash?

Tell

Staff member
damm it replied to this then lost what I typed...

Basically you need a little interface box that plugs into the headend which fools the headend to think that it has a CD changer, you press that and you get the AUX. I guess that you don't have an IPod else you use an Ipod adapter....

So these boxes fit Golf Mk5 type of cars if the Altea or New Leon isn't mentioned. The headend connection you are looking for is VW MFD.

Here is one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LINE-IN-AUX-A...1QQihZ002QQcategoryZ75307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Use the google to look at others

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=au...s=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

On how to get out the headend if it's like the Altea you have to release four or six lugs by pressing a small piece of metal or something similar into them which pushes them back, then it slides out.

byeee.... get on with my Saturday jobs.

jwb1000

Thanks for the links. I've bought the lead from the ebay site. I'll post up results when it arrives and fitted it. I have got an ipod so this will do the job.

Tell

Staff member
Well the IPod adapters gives control of your IPod from the headend, a fair few Altea owners on the Altea board have those fitted now. The aux input just give you the aux in but not control of the IPod for that you fumble on the IPod...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.