Random lights

Aug 1, 2021
Hello! I have a strange problem with my car: Seat Leon 1.4 TSI, 2011.
My lights doesn't work, just a half of them. I have one light from each categories bellow.
  • Daylight running lights
  • Full beam headlights
  • Fog lights
  • Taillights
  • Signal lights / indicators
  • Brake lights
  • Hazard lights
All bulbs are good, fuses the same. Sometimes but very rarely, everything works again, but for about 1 minute and then I get the same thing. Anyone got the same problem? Or maybe you have any idea what to do?
I was thinking now about the light relay, but idk where it is to change it

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020

Somebody posted a link in here with fuse/relays layouts. Hope it helps.

Aug 1, 2021
I have it.

But I still don't get it where is the relay for exterior lights. As I see on the fuse box, each of them have a code on it.

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
I have it.

But I still don't get it where is the relay for exterior lights. As I see on the fuse box, each of them have a code on it.
Have you tried scanning it with a obd scanner? Also I saw on another thread I saw a guy had issues with headlights only and removing the battery for 10 mins cured his problem. Could try that. But you may need to recode radio if you try.

Oct 21, 2021
Hello! I have a strange problem with my car: Seat Leon 1.4 TSI, 2011.
My lights doesn't work, just a half of them. I have one light from each categories bellow.
  • Daylight running lights
  • Full beam headlights
  • Fog lights
  • Taillights
  • Signal lights / indicators
  • Brake lights
  • Hazard lights
All bulbs are good, fuses the same. Sometimes but very rarely, everything works again, but for about 1 minute and then I get the same thing. Anyone got the same problem? Or maybe you have any idea what to do?
I was thinking now about the light relay, but idk where it is to change it
Same problem here as well on 2012 Seat Leon twice in the last month or so. Both times it was the 30amp fuses in the engine compartment fuse box, once with a large format fuse and second time with the normal format fuse. No idea why the fuse formats are different. The smaller one had the casing partially melted. Replacing the fuses got all the lights working but no idea yet what caused it. The fuses are clearly identified in the handbook as 'lights left' and lights right'

Reactions: Woody_72
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise