Rattle

pedxxx

Nov 23, 2012
I've just recently noticed a rattle coming from the front passenger door or passenger seat belt area. This only happens when driving over a rough bit of road. I've emptied door pocket and it's still there. Opening and closing handles seem to be rattle free. Noise still appears when window is down. Door pocket seems solid. Noise still happens when stereo switched off but may be from the speaker area - will have to wait to get passenger to test.

Anybody had similar issues?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
It maybe the window reg or the cables hitting the metal door panel over bumps your have to take off the door card and take a look as I’ve even found broken glass in customers cars who didn’t know the window was replaced etc.

asinbluesky

Oct 16, 2015
I had a very annoying rattle from this area with similar symptom. The noise was a bit like when you used to twang a ruler over the edge of the desk at school - very annoying! I had the door card out, which is a fiddle as the glass has to come out too. I added some extra restraints to some of the wiring thinking that was it, but it made no difference.

I later by chance discovered that it was actually to do with the passenger seat. If the noise started while driving, I could just reach over and move the seat on it's slider forward/back and it would stop. I've not spent the time to find out exactly why, as it doesn't happen very often and moving the seat a bit is easy.

Last edited:

dave norman

Aug 15, 2022
I've just recently noticed a rattle coming from the front passenger door or passenger seat belt area. This only happens when driving over a rough bit of road. I've emptied door pocket and it's still there. Opening and closing handles seem to be rattle free. Noise still appears when window is down. Door pocket seems solid. Noise still happens when stereo switched off but may be from the speaker area - will have to wait to get passenger to test.

I

dave norman

Aug 15, 2022

Yes but rattle coming from rear

asinbluesky

Oct 16, 2015
I've just remembered another rattle find and fix that I did years ago. It was an occasional light tapping sound over rough ground, worse on slopes, and not all the time.

Fairly quickly I worked out the same sound was made by the unused passenger seatbelt buckle knocking into the door pillar plastic. There's not enough tension in the belt to prevent a small swing in the buckle when the car gets a bit of a wobble on, and the door pillar is made of hollow plastic so easily sounds off.

To fix my problem I stuck a strip of velcro (the soft loopy side) in line with the buckle top, which then has just the right cushioning to keep it quiet but not otherwise get in the way.

Attachments

• IMG_20220923_195343356.jpg
    IMG_20220923_195343356.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 55
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.