Rattling when pressing accelerator

Feb 13, 2023
Over the past few weeks I’ve noticed a rattle whenever I push the accelerator down slightly. It has only started to happen since I had new brake pads fitted and it seems to be on the right hand side where I can hear it. I’ve tried to take a recording of it, you can hear it if you can look past the wind. It was hard to hear it inside the car on a video.

hoping it’s not something else going wrong as I’ve had enough lately 😞

Fergal84

Aug 23, 2007
Mine does this, I've got it booked in for them to figure it out.
Not until June though.
Will let you know what they say.

Reactions: marklcfc

DigitalSushi

Sep 7, 2020
Cant watch your vid pal, its been archived.

How bad is the rattle, I had a garage completely screw up a set of pads as they didn't understand how the clips worked to hold the pad in the calliper. They basically broke them off. But this presented itself in way more than a rattle, it sounded like the wheel was going to fall off.

If you can, try gently resting your foot on the brake as you accelerate. Does the rattle go away as if it does its likely a badly fitted brake pad

Reactions: Mr Pig
Feb 13, 2023
Any update?
They couldn’t hear it, it only comes on when pressing accelerator gently and keeping it there in at least 3rd gear but I had a feeling they wouldn’t replicate it. They had a look at car and didn’t see anything obvious too so suppose I’m stuck with it now

Fergal84

Aug 23, 2007
They couldn’t hear it, it only comes on when pressing accelerator gently and keeping it there in at least 3rd gear but I had a feeling they wouldn’t replicate it. They had a look at car and didn’t see anything obvious too so suppose I’m stuck with it now
That's annoying. Will update you when I have mine looked at.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Over the past few weeks I’ve noticed a rattle whenever I push the accelerator down slightly. It has only started to happen since I had new brake pads fitted and it seems to be on the right hand side where I can hear it. I’ve tried to take a recording of it, you can hear it if you can look past the wind. It was hard to hear it inside the car on a video.

hoping it’s not something else going wrong as I’ve had enough lately 😞

What pads were fitted?

If you have the TRW brake system/caliper - this pad has an anti-noise shim which wraps around the sides of the pad backplate and is used to laterally locate the pad in the caliper carrier. This means the shim thickness becomes a critical dimension in this application.
I have seen many aftermarket pads (including big braking names you would think know better!) just fit their usual cheap/thin shim - this means there can be 1mm+ clearance in the pad - enabling it to rattle.

Fergal84

Aug 23, 2007
They had mine in today. Seems like it was just loose trim. Got it back and it seems to be fixed.

Feb 13, 2023
They had mine in today. Seems like it was just loose trim. Got it back and it seems to be fixed.
Mine is still happening
It only happens when on a level surface with foot on accelerator slightly (so that the eco sign appears on dashboard)

if take foot off or press down more the noise stops

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.