• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

jezyg

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Feb 21, 2003
2,500
184
Picked up my Raval V1 from Barlow Motor on Saturday, from the press car I had the software does seem to be less buggy and certainly an improvement mile kWh at 4.7, on a 50 mile journey, having the more efficient 18" wheels with Hankook ION EV helps too. As I found with V2 Launch Edition cracking car standard stereo is decent, although I have just replaced the rear speakers. I will do a guide shortly for that but improved low and mid range response.

Told on Saturday order now from factory and is January delivery so like I.D. Polo with a 10 month wait Raval momentum is gathering pace.

Raval Front.jpg
Raval Rear.jpg
20260914_103517.jpg
20260914_103637.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20260914_175717.jpg
    20260914_175717.jpg
    931.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Syphon
Nice! Is that Fiord Blue or Magnetic Tech grey color? Always difficult to tell these colors apart from real world pictures due to environment having such an affect on the final tone. :) I like the shapes it accentuates nicely in the 1st pic.
 
Nice! Is that Fiord Blue or Magnetic Tech grey color? Always difficult to tell these colors apart from real world pictures due to environment having such an affect on the final tone. :) I like the shapes it accentuates nicely in the 1st pic.
Fiord blue, midnight back roof.
 
Last edited:
Picked up my Raval V1 from Barlow Motor on Saturday, from the press car I had the software does seem to be less buggy and certainly an improvement mile kWh at 4.7, on a 50 mile journey, having the more efficient 18" wheels with Hankook ION EV helps too. As I found with V2 Launch Edition cracking car standard stereo is decent, although I have just replaced the rear speakers. I will do a guide shortly for that but improved low and mid range response.

Told on Saturday order now from factory and is January delivery so like I.D. Polo with a 10 month wait Raval momentum is gathering pace.

View attachment 55320View attachment 55321View attachment 55322View attachment 55323
I'll be interested to see how you get on with the V1. I test drove a V2 LE a couple of days ago. Great car, though on uneven road surface it sometimes feels on the harsh side of firm. The 18 inch might smooth that a fraction without loosing that sporty Raval feel. And how are the seats? The saving on the V2 makes it seem a good choice.
 
I'll be interested to see how you get on with the V1. I test drove a V2 LE a couple of days ago. Great car, though on uneven road surface it sometimes feels on the harsh side of firm. The 18 inch might smooth that a fraction without loosing that sporty Raval feel. And how are the seats? The saving on the V2 makes it seem a good choice.

I had a V2 LE for a week and I found the ride a bit on the harsh side and low profile concerned me on our wonderful roads. The 18 wheels are much better more compliant, still firm but do improve the ride and also range. The seat are the standard seats found in the ID. Polo interestingly and are very comfortable having undertaken a couple of longer journeys maybe slightly softer than the seats in the V2 LE, but still very comfortable.

V1 is the sweet spot of spec wise and price IMO. Only cheaper element is the hard covered plastic on the centre console, which on V2 and above is a dark grey plastic coating. I decided just to remove and cover in dark grey Alcantara.

Centre console trim.jpg


20260921_174516.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: N&L
Hi new here as only had my v1 also from Barlow motors in white for two weeks.
I had a 185 mile drive home so soon found my way around the car.
All is working well and now upgraded to 6.0.1 apart from when I open the car with my phone the charge door does not unlock so check yours or don’t go off with out key if you will need to charge.
I find the ride ok with the 18s .I also have a id buss i use for work and find this updated setup much better with full one pedal driving.
Anyone got a adaptor to use the VTL yet?
 
Hi.
Getting used to the car now having had it a few weeks.
One oddity seems to be that the heated steering wheel comes on (max) when turning on the heated seats OR the heated mirrors. I can then turn off the steering wheel using the appropriate button - one press turns it off rather than lowering to the next setting though.
I'm also finding that the car is very slow to establish the bluetooth connection need for Android Auto (from an S23) although the telephone connection is immediate. Once connected it seems stable. I can speed up the connection by manually selecting Android Auto where it initially states no compatible devices, then connects as expected.
And... I found you can lock the (single) key in the car. Luckily I was able to reopen the car using my phone......
 
Hi.
Getting used to the car now having had it a few weeks.
One oddity seems to be that the heated steering wheel comes on (max) when turning on the heated seats OR the heated mirrors. I can then turn off the steering wheel using the appropriate button - one press turns it off rather than lowering to the next setting though.
I'm also finding that the car is very slow to establish the bluetooth connection need for Android Auto (from an S23) although the telephone connection is immediate. Once connected it seems stable. I can speed up the connection by manually selecting Android Auto where it initially states no compatible devices, then connects as expected.
And... I found you can lock the (single) key in the car. Luckily I was able to reopen the car using my phone......

My steering wheel comes on automatically when it is colder but does not come on when I turn on the electric seats. Yes Android is sometimes slower I still think there are a few bugs to iron out.
 
I use Apple CarPlay and that was work fine until the 6.0.1 update and now it doesn’t like connecting.
I find it works ok on wireless but does not like using cable.
Since the update my Wi-Fi connection to car is intermittent so cannot always connect through the app.
If you unlock the car and power up it will reconnect. This could be a big problem when the weather gets cold and need preheating. All the fun of owning a new car with VW software.
We love the rest about the car so am happy to put up with a few bugs.
 
Well there we go.
30mins into an hours drive today. Lost connection with the phone so no telephone or android auto. Then lost in car nav (car didn't know where we were), then sos problem comes on, loses traffic sign recognition, loses front sensors.
Radio kept.playing though, woo!

Have stopped, started, rebooted. No joy.
So reminiscent of my Leon 5 years ago.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: jezyg
Well there we go.
30mins into an hours drive today. Lost connection with the phone so no telephone or android auto. Then lost in car nav (car didn't know where we were), then sos problem comes on, loses traffic sign recognition, loses front sensors.
Radio kept.playing though, woo!

Have stopped, started, rebooted. No joy.
So reminiscent of my Leon 5 years ago.

That is a software update, I have no idea why they happen in the middle of the day or you cannot choose to reschedule. Had that twice first time my wife was about to drive off and it lit up like a Christmas tree, she got out locked the car and got back in and found no speed display and on reduced power whilst it finished the update. So gave up and jumped into her Born. Second time it was on the drive thankfully. Updates seem to fix two things and cause another bug to appear at the moment. Joy of being an early adopter as I bet we are bug fixing for the ID. Polo too.
 
That is a software update, I have no idea why they happen in the middle of the day or you cannot choose to reschedule. Had that twice first time my wife was about to drive off and it lit up like a Christmas tree, she got out locked the car and got back in and found no speed display and on reduced power whilst it finished the update. So gave up and jumped into her Born. Second time it was on the drive thankfully. Updates seem to fix two things and cause another bug to appear at the moment. Joy of being an early adopter as I bet we are bug fixing for the ID. Polo too.
I wonder if that's what happened to our car (see thread on infotainment going blank)?
Coincidentally my wife was driving at the time - are the updates misogynistic? :unsure:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: jezyg
That is a software update, I have no idea why they happen in the middle of the day or you cannot choose to reschedule. Had that twice first time my wife was about to drive off and it lit up like a Christmas tree, she got out locked the car and got back in and found no speed display and on reduced power whilst it finished the update. So gave up and jumped into her Born. Second time it was on the drive thankfully. Updates seem to fix two things and cause another bug to appear at the moment. Joy of being an early adopter as I bet we are bug fixing for the ID. Polo too.
It's now 12 hours later, the car charging overnight.
No difference today, Cupra logo and radio are working, nothing else in the infotainment and all of the safety sensors warning off line. Car doesn't communicate with the app at all. The sat nav has us in a field somewhere.
Getting messages on the screen about 12v Perf Accessories not available, whatever they are, along with warnings about no sos and no front sensors.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: jezyg
It's now 12 hours later, the car charging overnight.
No difference today, Cupra logo and radio are working, nothing else in the infotainment and all of the safety sensors warning off line. Car doesn't communicate with the app at all. The sat nav has us in a field somewhere.
Getting messages on the screen about 12v Perf Accessories not available, whatever they are, along with warnings about no sos and no front sensors.
Oh dear sounds like an update that has not completed, really annoying too, it would be nice to know and update and be applied, failed or in progress.