Recent Additions to my FR.

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
DSC00710.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00700.jpg

Sharp

looks good, and simple enough, looks like a Bazooka tube, self amplified 8" sub and some alpine type S speakers...
how big is the diff in sound? i'm pretty pleased with the factory equipment, but there always is room for improvement...

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
looks good, and simple enough, looks like a Bazooka tube, self amplified 8" sub and some alpine type S speakers...
how big is the diff in sound? i'm pretty pleased with the factory equipment, but there always is room for improvement...

Very good. :clap: except 6" Tube not 8" (tried the 8 but the difference was negligible for the extra space it would have taken up.) Difference in sound is amazing. Street shaking bass isn't my thing but i like a bit of grunt to my music and still have some boot space left. The Bazooka tube is impressive for its size and gives good bass without having to distort the main speakers. The speakers have always been the weak link in the Altea / Leon head unit hence the change to the Alpines.
As for the Chrome mirror covers i never liked the factory finish on the FR covers.

Paul

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
Paul,

Are you chuffed to bits with the yellow, I'm liking it and planning on ordering one same as?

Also, any plans for any more mods?

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
Paul,

Are you chuffed to bits with the yellow, I'm liking it and planning on ordering one same as?

Also, any plans for any more mods?

The Yellow looks stunning. (personal taste aside and all that) I have not seen a picture of the car in yellow that actually does it justice!

Additional mods: Fitted the interior door and speaker Ali Trim kit, this really lifts the interior.
The only other serious mod i am considering is the suspension as recommended by others, i expected a firm ride but find it quite unsettled and bouncy at times. The Koni / Eibach set up seems quite reasonable, just need to find a competent outfit in the south to fit it.
Paul

yell_oh

Nov 5, 2006
Competent outfit in the south...

I can recommend JKM in Portsmouth (www.jkm.org.uk) where I had my FSDs fitted. They're very competent and well into Seat performance tuning etc. About £150 labour inc. vat. to fit the dampers

They've not made a *huge* difference to the ride (maybe 20% better), I kept the OE springs. Might get some progressive springs put on as well at some point.

safcnige

The Yellow looks stunning. (personal taste aside and all that) I have not seen a picture of the car in yellow that actually does it justice!

Additional mods: Fitted the interior door and speaker Ali Trim kit, this really lifts the interior.
The only other serious mod i am considering is the suspension as recommended by others, i expected a firm ride but find it quite unsettled and bouncy at times. The Koni / Eibach set up seems quite reasonable, just need to find a competent outfit in the south to fit it.
Paul

had my yellow fr tdi since july and think its the best colour out if the lot it just suits it down to the gound the other colours look too anonomous

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian

I was in Skidz in Falkirk today to see about a wee set up for the Leon, as no facia panels avail yet for the H/U, they recommended some Alpine speakers to replace the existing ones with an Alpine Amp.this should leave the car OEM looking, amp hidden away and with a good sound too.

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
I second that question, could you tell us ALT54? :)

I cheated and the supplying dealer fitted them free of charge, but i had a look back through the Altea forum and found details below:

You lever off the coloured plastic cover - easiest with the mirrors in the park position - and push the new ones on.
Just park the mirrors take a firm hold of the front edge (the bit that is normally out of site when in the normal position) and carefully pull the cover off.

Paul

Maverick88

Oct 19, 2006
Devon
Originally Posted by Maverick88
Paul,

Could you tell what the model numbers are for the Bazooka & Alpines is please ?

ALT54
i'll look them up for you.

Paul,

Any Joy on the numbers yet ?

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
Originally Posted by Maverick88
Paul,

Could you tell what the model numbers are for the Bazooka & Alpines is please ?

ALT54
i'll look them up for you.

Paul,

Any Joy on the numbers yet ?

Apologies for the delay on this been a bit busy lately!

Part numbers as requested:
Alpine Speakers SPS-17C2
Bazooka Tube BTA-6100
Autolead Golf 4 Collars SAK-3103.

Hope that helps.

Paul

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
ALT54, how do the wing mirror covers come off?

I would be very careful.

Mine came with the Chrome Look mirror housings, and they gave me the originals. Both the original had 1 of their plastic retaining pins broken in the process of removing by the dealer, they would probably go back on but i would be convinced they would stay put.

By the way the Yellow looks great:)

Rob