Recommend me a mobile mapper please

FizzyFR

Had our PD170 remapped and I'm not at all happy with it. Way too much boost, poor MPG, loads of black smoke (and I mean loads) and it's only pushing around the 200 mark. I'd be happy with something at around 180/190 with good MPG, an economy map would be fine.

Can someone please recommend a mobile mapper who I can meet/come to the house in the west midlands area?

Thanks, in advance.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
As Betty had said
I don't think I've ever heard of any good results / experiences from a man in a van.
Stick with trusted and proven mappers. Sometimes you do pay more for it but you pay once.
As you've proved by cheap buy twice hence your looking for another map.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
not really.

had my car mapped by hyperchips, after ive done numerous logs and had a look at duty cycles, injectors boost etc its a very good map.

don't tar them all with the same brush

you can do revo/apr/custom code mobile should you wish

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
Had our PD170 remapped and I'm not at all happy with it. Way too much boost, poor MPG, loads of black smoke (and I mean loads) and it's only pushing around the 200 mark. I'd be happy with something at around 180/190 with good MPG, an economy map would be fine.

Can someone please recommend a mobile mapper who I can meet/come to the house in the west midlands area?

Thanks, in advance.

try http://vtuneleeds.com/ he might be near your area at somepoint

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
not really.

had my car mapped by hyperchips, after ive done numerous logs and had a look at duty cycles, injectors boost etc its a very good map.

don't tar them all with the same brush

you can do revo/apr/custom code mobile should you wish

aye but that wasnt on the PD170 engine tho mate?

the PD170 is a b@stard to get right

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yeah pd170 isn't an easy car to map properly
People on here have tried loads of companies an there's only a handful can manage to get acceptable results from them.
Revo or Apr do not map these due to problems which arise.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Could always make the trip to K-tune in Barnsley. From everyone else's comments they are the best when it comes to mapping the PD170 engine.

itsmefishy

Jul 23, 2009
Nottingham
Don't go anywhere near Celtic tuning. Ruined my 1.6TDCI fiesta! It was over fuelling therefore making cylinder 4 and 3 run very hot.

FizzyFR

Hello and thanks for all the replies. I didn't realise the PD was so hard to map, if I had known I probably would have left it standard to be honest.

I have heard of K-Tune and hear they are good, but I just can't get the time to travel up to Barnsley. I'm stupidly busy for the forseeable future which is why I was hopingthere was a decent mobile mapper.

If I take away consideration for more power, would it be possible to get a good economy map done without it being to much of an arse?

I don't want to name the place yet as I might have to tell them to put a standard map on and demand it's done for free. If I name them here they'll probably see it and tell me to FO...

FizzyFR

Hello and thanks for all the replies. I didn't realise the PD was so hard to map, if I had known I probably would have left it standard to be honest.

I have heard of K-Tune and hear they are good, but I just can't get the time to travel up to Barnsley. I'm stupidly busy for the forseeable future which is why I was hopingthere was a decent mobile mapper.

If I take away consideration for more power, would it be possible to get a good economy map done without it being to much of an arse?

I don't want to name the place yet as I might have to tell them to put a standard map on and demand it's done for free. If I name them here they'll probably see it and tell me to FO...

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Go to darkside, had my old touran mapped there, already had dpf off, came out with 210bhp and 370lb.ft torque, I had an uprated clutch so asked for more torque, and had hardly any smoke, no more than a normal non dpf diesel.

Mpg was unaffected too

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
make the time to travel to a decent tuner. If not you may well regret it with repair costs and time off the road when things go wrong!

danielr33d

Sep 22, 2014
I had a TDI tunning box fitted to mine,was told should get 50bhp more,was better mpg and quicker,but after two weeks sent it back(no quibble money back guarantee) as i too heard that its best to get it put on a rolling road and mapped.WOW!! The difference was like light night and day. Engines only mod is the remap,and produced 236bhp on the rolling road. So glad i had it properly mapped.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
I had a TDI tunning box fitted to mine,was told should get 50bhp more,was better mpg and quicker,but after two weeks sent it back(no quibble money back guarantee) as i too heard that its best to get it put on a rolling road and mapped.WOW!! The difference was like light night and day. Engines only mod is the remap,and produced 236bhp on the rolling road. So glad i had it properly mapped.

236bhp on what engine? Also what tuners bud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danielr33d

Sep 22, 2014
Its a 2lt deisel 170bhp standard,took it to Alan Jefferys is Plymouth. Cant rate them enough.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise