Recommendations for tow bar (2020 Ateca Excellence Lux)

ads_uk

Apr 26, 2021
Leicester UK
Hi all,
first post newbie. Taking delivery of an Ateca (ex dealer car) next week. Decided to try something other than German cars for once (Audi/BMW). One thing I will need to add will be a detachable towbar although it seems since my last towbar fitment about 5 years ago prices have shot up. Currently being quoted in excess of £650 for a removeable swan neck (branded) with 7 pin electrics and interface module. Any recommendations on reputable suppliers which might come in a bit cheaper.

thanks all.
Ad

bloodnok

Jun 22, 2021
I can't help too much, but I bought my Ateca second hand at 18 months old and unbeknown to me and the selling dealer it had a tow bar fitted . I only found out when I went to change the pollen filter and there were stickers on the back of the glovebox relating to the fuses and relays fitted by the installer.

I had a look under the back end and sure enough it has a Tow Trust detachable swan neck fitted (model number TVW8VK). I had to buy the swan neck assy as it didn't come with the car. I've not used it yet, but it seems very simple to plug in and nice and firm. Mine has a 13 pin plug on it, but I bought a cheap 7 pin adaptor and stuck it in the boo just in case.
The other thing the car came with that dealer didn't know about was a 2 year service plan! :)