Red door trim in non-sport modes - 2014 Leon FR

Phaynes888

Nov 20, 2016
Hi all

Hopefully I'm writing this in the correct place, I'm looking to find out if there is a solution to my (not very important) issue...I got my car (2014 Leon FR 2.0 TDI Tech Pack) a month ago. It had the red LED door trims active and in the modes screen it was set to 'Eco'. A few weeks in I switched it to normal and sport to test, then back to Eco. The lights have now reverted to white though. I set up a personal profile but there's no seperate LED option in there. So my question is, how did the Garage get the red leds to display in Eco mode?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
On my car (Dec '65 FR 1.4) when in individual mode it gives 4 or 5 options to change one of them is the background lighting.

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
It can probably be done with OBDeleven but AFAIK there's no option on the car (at least, 2014 models) itself to do this; red is for Sport only. It's likely it was just a glitch.

Phaynes888

Nov 20, 2016
Yeah mine unfortunately only has 3 options, I can't see where they might have changed it, unless it was a bug?

Edit:

@TheVoice Ah right, maybe a glitch then, thanks

Last edited:

fastnfat

Dec 4, 2010
Birmingham
Hi all

Hopefully I'm writing this in the correct place, I'm looking to find out if there is a solution to my (not very important) issue...I got my car (2014 Leon FR 2.0 TDI Tech Pack) a month ago. It had the red LED door trims active and in the modes screen it was set to 'Eco'. A few weeks in I switched it to normal and sport to test, then back to Eco. The lights have now reverted to white though. I set up a personal profile but there's no seperate LED option in there. So my question is, how did the Garage get the red leds to display in Eco mode?

My 2013 FR only had red for sport mode and white for everything else. I think with obdeleven you are able to change the colour to red in any mode. On the later ones you can change the colour to red using normal mode for the engine etc. In the individual setting

Phaynes888

Nov 20, 2016
I looked up obdeleven, looks like you need to pick up a Bluetooth adaptor for the app to connect to, is that right?