Reducing lag

caveo

No , like said before , more space to fill by the turbo = a little more lag but it will flow better top end.

Dec 31, 2005
London
depends on what you want from your power delivery... if all you want is low to mid range then k03s, and a similar powerband to a diesel.. :p buy a diesel then. :lol:

If you want a more linear power delivery, as k03s are all at once uber spooling things, then the bigger units will roll in later and more progressively and rip the more you rev the motor.. using the whole rpm range.

not everyone wants this tho.

twin turbos', K03s to get things going and BT from 4k up.. but compex plumbing

Yes I remember you saying about the twin turbo setup when we popped round to see you, would be awesome but sounds costly, was thinking about a small SC to get things going but again probably complex and costly.

The turbo website says mine is rated up to 475 bhp:confused: or is that different trim?

Bill how long do you think it would take to adjust the map and poss set up the apexi properly?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
couple of hours approx of driving logging, adjusting, logging etc etc
not a chance the gt2871 will flow that much bhp.

Backdraft

There are reports of a 2871 flowing to 495bhp. You could help reduce lag with a head rework.

Backdraft

It was an .84 turbo. The info was from Jp. Garretts figures are quite conservative.

Backdraft

I surprised if a 2871 could flow that. I would like to see the dyno plot for it.

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
lol 2871 at 500bhp! not without race fuel + nos
Even a gt3071r [email protected] full race spec just made 518bhp and 525ft/lb and peak power was at 5000-5300rpm on 98 fuel thats how much it was raped to make the 500bhp!
As for the original poster ,bill described what is know as lean spool which helps a bit but as stated the only proper way of sorting it is capacity or fit a smaller turbo!
I know a ihi on a 1.8t spools up at the same rate as a gt3076 or gt35 on a 2l evo engine!
My friend made 550hp on his gt35 at the weekend and it was fairly responsive low down.

Dec 31, 2005
London
mine is running 360bhp at 1.4 bar, what safe levels could it go to?

I am really more interested in it being more driveable rather than chasing higher numbers though
I think

graph.jpg

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
plot does'nt mean much vs what real road is like.
wideband logging and seeing whats physically possible from the turbo in terms of spool and its fueling not bogging it down, and ign timing available etc..

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
get it down to bill and let him have a look,torque is probably more critical than power on standard internals.God i'm starting to sound like bill's PR man!

Dec 31, 2005
London
Yeah i have family/friends in the area so Bill is a stones throw away,

I'll be that way in the new year, need new tyres first though........lol

So is that really it then?
What sort of prices is a 1.9 rebuild :(

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
whats worse. rippin your apart and selling second hand pistons that no one wants which involves engine out.

or

stright swap engine and a full built engine to sell ...?

Dec 31, 2005
London
I know what your sayin mate, it makes perfect sense
my original question was based on not having to go 1.9 due to the expense and seeing what the other option were, but PM me and i'll defo keep the idea in mind

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.