Reiger Splitter on

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
No I got the diffuser direct from Reiger in Germany through a german supplier of mine, but I'm pretty sure the guys on ebay who do the splitters can sort the diffuser too. was a lot more of a pig to fit than the splitter though.

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
That looks stunning. Might have to get myself a rear Reiger diffuser now.
How easy was it to fit?

if you search the forum theres a thread about the reiger diffuser, with one very helpful chap showing a diagram of how the rear bumper comes off.

it's a bit awkward, but I managed to do it in about 3 hours, without even jacking the car up, so you can do it on your drive if you've got a bit about you ;-)

phillll

Aug 7, 2018
Wirral
if you search the forum theres a thread about the reiger diffuser, with one very helpful chap showing a diagram of how the rear bumper comes off.

it's a bit awkward, but I managed to do it in about 3 hours, without even jacking the car up, so you can do it on your drive if you've got a bit about you ;-)

That's good to know! Cheers dude!

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
That's good to know! Cheers dude!

no drama, when you come to do it send me a message and I'll tell you what I know, things like getting the rear lights back in can damage paintwork if you're not careful etc

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
ah ok youve got the 290 with the older bumper. I have just got rid of a 66plate SC cupra and I had the TRC splitter.

PDseOfY.jpg

they don't do them for the 300 yet :-(
Mines a 280. It makes a hell of a difference to the front. Just cant decide on the spoiler tip or not
284a1e266f203df4beb273bc8cf790a2.jpg
3267cf076a91f9902e0690de283fbf99.jpg
f01fbd68fb97ae5998c66fdc5d709f89.jpg
a01f5f4aca2ca48473e0992727912cb4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smolyneux85

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Mines a 280. It makes a hell of a difference to the front. Just cant decide on the spoiler tip or not
284a1e266f203df4beb273bc8cf790a2.jpg
3267cf076a91f9902e0690de283fbf99.jpg
f01fbd68fb97ae5998c66fdc5d709f89.jpg
a01f5f4aca2ca48473e0992727912cb4.jpg

Spoiler tips you say...? something I can spend more money on??

what do I search for and where? any links?

:)

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
yeah I see what you mean. I think when you have to question how good it looks, leave it alone.

I want my car to look like a higher spec model with the bits I add - does that make sense. Like, this is how the Cupra SHOULD look.

Less is more sometimes isn't it

:coolthumb

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
I also thought get the rear spoiler wrapped in gloss black
yeah I see what you mean. I think when you have to question how good it looks, leave it alone.

I want my car to look like a higher spec model with the bits I add - does that make sense. Like, this is how the Cupra SHOULD look.

Less is more sometimes isn't it

:coolthumb

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Having a mare of a time installing my maxton splitter for my facelift cupra. Me and my mate tried to install it today but apparently the whole bumper needs to come off and there aren’t any predrilled holes on the splitter or the bumper, not sure why I thought there was but I thought it was supposed to be a 5 minute job lol. Will any sort of garage be able to install one does anyone know or do you think I’m better off going to a place like NVM which is quite close to me. Cheers for any feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
i paid a bodyshop in leeds to do mine. be easy enough to do if you had a lift but this was hassle free. people the mentioned slef tappers but personally I prefer the idea of bolts. id find somewhere that can do it for you :)
Having a mare of a time installing my maxton splitter for my facelift cupra. Me and my mate tried to install it today but apparently the whole bumper needs to come off and there aren’t any predrilled holes on the splitter or the bumper, not sure why I thought there was but I thought it was supposed to be a 5 minute job lol. Will any sort of garage be able to install one does anyone know or do you think I’m better off going to a place like NVM which is quite close to me. Cheers for any feedback

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Any decent body shop will fit it for you, I had my Splitter and Side skirts done that way.

Taking the front bumper off is not that hard there is a how to thread on here for the pre facelift car (and i would expect it to be the same for yours)

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Cheers guys, yeah heard that the self tappers might eventually come loose and just not worth the risk i don’t think. Think I will try and get it done next week then. Can I ask how much it cost you both to get it fitted? Or a rough estimate as I don’t want them to take the piss knowing that I can’t do it myself lol

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Cheers guys, yeah heard that the self tappers might eventually come loose and just not worth the risk i don’t think. Think I will try and get it done next week then. Can I ask how much it cost you both to get it fitted? Or a rough estimate as I don’t want them to take the piss knowing that I can’t do it myself lol

think I paid 80 for fitting not 100 percent tho.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: cupra300uk

Brackett

May 12, 2019
Sorry, old thread resurrection... the Reiger looks great. How do they fit? Do you have to drill into the bumper (I assume) to be able to attach it? If you then took it off, would there be visible holes? (or all tucked away underneath?).

Thanks!

perryqhill

Sep 20, 2017
Doncaster
Rieger ones do look more natural. I've just fitted another TRC to mine and I'm happy with it but looking at this thread I'm maybe thinking I should have paid a bit more.