Remap or not?

daverave

Nov 14, 2008
I'm trying to weigh up the pros and cons of getting my 05 plate LCR remapped. I'm thinking of getting the REVO stage 1. But some advice beforehand will be appreciated!

I assume I'm likely to see a reduced MPG but my missus also drives the car and she's slower than a pensioner - is she likely to see a reduced MPG also?

What other mods will I require for the Stage 1 remap? I already have a Milltek sports exhaust.

I'm hoping to keep my LCR for as long as possible. Will a remap put extra strain on certain parts of the car and reduce it's life expectancy? Will it become more expensive to service?

Thanks for any responses!

Cheers - Dave

leons_ leon

BYE BYE GTI
Jan 2, 2010
Norwich
I have stage 1 revo on my lcr and i get 26mpg around town, only thing that i would get done to the car with a stage one map is a forge 007p with yellow spring and a T.I.P (turbo intake pipe):D

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Get it, you won't regret it, MPG is all down to how you drive, if you are on boost all the time you will lower your MPG, if you missus drives like an old folk(like mine) she won't see much difference in MPG.

You car won't become more expensive to service as a remap only affects the ECU, it may show up any possible weak components alright, DV, TIP maybe but nothing to worry about.

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
since having my revo map down , i notice an increase mpg from 26-28 mpg now 30-33 on the same jorney to work , but if you drive hard it will use more as low as 14mpg . in regards to reliability , if you increase boost and advance timing which gives of more heat then yeah it will put more strain on standard components

Jamie225

Dec 16, 2009
Leicester
just get it done, you will not regret it at all. drivability is vastly improved imo. if your clutch isn't in great nick a remap may get the better of it, tip isnt essential but recommended, same for dv.

billyhas

May 22, 2003
kidderminster
Visit site
No other mods required for stage 1.I ran standard dv and tip for 2 years on Revo stage1.Only upgraded for stage 2 but dv and tip still not strictly required. Although i must add others have experienced component failure in these areas. If you do nothing else to your motor you will not be dissapointed with a remap. Biggest bang for buck

daverave

Nov 14, 2008
Thanks All - I think I'll go for it!

If the dv and/or TIP fail, will this cause the car to breakdown? Or just a loss of power? Sorry for probably a stupid question!

andycupra

status subject to change
if you drive like for like you will not see a reducing in MPG. in fact due to better timing settings you may even see an increase in MPG.

But, of course more power is more fuel, so when you are on full throttle, and running more boost then it will use more fuel.