Remap or RaceChip for V2 1.5 Tsi DSG?

FormentorVZ3

May 22, 2022
10,000 is for stage 1 with 444 HP and not for stage 3, which costs 15,000 o_O
There is the 526 HP very well for the Vz3 / 310. It is the above mentioned Stage 3 ;)

Just have a look here and scroll all the way down to stage 3.

There are also performance diagrams of a Golf 8R with the same engine and the same modification.
My diagram should therefore only differ slightly, because every engine is different.
But I haven't been able to make one yet, because it's too far away for a quick trip.

Personally, I'm not that interested in whether it has 430 or 450 HP.
For me, the driving experience is the most important thing, and that's where you notice the power very clearly.
It goes quite well up to 260 km/h. I haven't been able to do more than 285 yet because of the traffic.
But I'm not often on the motorway either. For me, it's rather the short sprint that is decisive, and I use it almost daily for my pleasure.

I haven't made any videos yet, we'll see.
And in the next few weeks I wanted to buy a Dragy, then I can serve with measurement data.

P.s.
I negotiated very well and got an acceptable price. I wouldn't have done it for 10,000 either ;-)

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I give up trying to argue with you that stage 1 is usually meaning a remap.

Stage 2 is usually meaning a remap and a downpipe, with perhaps intake and perhaps intercooler.

Stage 3 is when the turbo is changed.

That particular tuner might call it anything they wish (and end of the day, exactly for this reason we are having this discussion, stages are silly...) but when they replace the original turbo with an hybrid turbo, it is not what in the tuning world is known as a Stage 1 tune.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com

Stage 2 is usually meaning a remap and a downpipe, with perhaps intake and perhaps intercooler.

That particular tuner might call it anything they wish (and end of the day, exactly for this reason we are having this discussion, stages are silly...) but when they replace the original turbo with an hybrid turbo, it is not what in the tuning world is known as a Stage 1 tune.
BTW, instead of the Dragy, consider also the Racebox Mini - I just got one, but unfortunately you missed out on the Kickstarter promotion :(

FormentorVZ3

May 22, 2022
Thanks for the tip, but I can get the dragy for 100€. And that is enough for my few purposes.
And the racebox Mini costs 179€. Or are there serious differences between the two?

FormentorVZ3

May 22, 2022

Oh, that's what you mean... It's a mix-up. The tuning package at HGP is also Stage 1, 2 or 3.
And I bought the Stage 1 package. That's what my Stage referred to, not how you define a Stage.

Reactions: Jaco2k

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Stages are the most ridiuclous things i have ever heard

Different tuning companies call different packages of tunes how they please.

I have heard of some say stage 2 is a remap with a panel filter and all sorts of nonsense.

Some of these guys must be on stage 15

Bhp is bhp who gives a monkeys about stages

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaco2k

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Stages are the most ridiuclous things i have ever heard

Different tuning companies call different packages of tunes how they please.

I have heard of some sag stage 2 is a remap with a panel filter and all sorts of nonsense.

Some of these guys must be on stage 15

Bhp is bhp who gives a monkeys about stages
Sums up my opinion - but regardless of power, I am often interested in the HW mods also, because some cars have little to no mods and run a lot of power and others have a list of bolt-ons the size of an arm and yet.... ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise