remapping an FR

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
anyone got experience of remapping a FR TDI? First gear is useless, even when its not wheelspinning it isnt that quick off the mark. Had a good run with a 330d but off the lights he lost me :cry:

GrantyBoy

Jun 7, 2007
Aberdeen
your turbo won't produce full boost in 1st gear. Diesels are not meant to be traffic light grand prix kings, hence the low 0-60 score.
But once your up and running top half of second gear and beyond its a different story.

If you want to be traffic light racer should have gone for a petrol.
Or better still do it on the track with the big boys

strugers1

or buy a 330d beemer lol i nearly did and allard map them with fmic to 300bhp apparently

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
your turbo won't produce full boost in 1st gear. Diesels are not meant to be traffic light grand prix kings, hence the low 0-60 score.
But once your up and running top half of second gear and beyond its a different story.

If you want to be traffic light racer should have gone for a petrol.
Or better still do it on the track with the big boys
How so true - if you want to shag out a clutch and tyres carry on, the torque increase on these diesel remaps is very high. A blue motion passat g/box would very useful with higher intermediate gears ratios :wink:

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
took my Mk2 TDi Fr to Star Perfermance in Kirkaldy, Scotland. Had it dyno'd after i had a K&N filter element installed in place of paper filter. Was kicking out 188bhp and 360Nm.

The guy told me not the get it remapped for the time being because he's had a quite a few customers not getting much of an increase in power or torque. His explanation was the DPF was a restricting factor in how much the car can be tuned atm. But he's waiting to see how things develop with the milltek exhaust system with down pipe (which removes the particle filter). So i'm going to give it a few months to see how things develop. I'm currently considering getting the DPF removed has i feel it's giving me very inconsistent fuel consumption as i do a lot of in town driving (giving it a big of welly everyday, 2 motorway runs a week). because the regenation cycle for the DPF kicks in it increase fuel consumption a fair bit. this is from what i've notice anyway.

Milltek exhaust and down pipe is my current plan, then get a remap. if necessary a sachs clutch to handle the extra torque.

PS: whats the current best mapping company out there right now? (revo, Tunit, CC, Celtic tuning, etc)

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
got my revenge today hehehehehehehehe blonde in a TT with her fella onboard, got alongside on a roundabout and got lit up the carriageway - i couldnt get past but he wasnt pulling away. next stop her fella puts the window down and smirks like they 'won'. when i said 'mines diesel' his bird burst out laughing and he put the window back up. crushed with 2 words lol classic moment . . . . . . . . . . sorry if i sound sad but it made my day :D

strugers1

i love doing that too ctr cant pull away till the 100 mark and they look and laugh till they see my TDI badge on the side of the car lol its great fun

I have mine remapped to 420 Nm / 209 BHP. The first and second gear and the reverse (duh) have a torque limitation in the software to prevent the wheelspin and spare the clutch.
If you do a traffic light run, turn of the traction control and be sure not to go full throttle, that just doesn't work. It's all about time and feel in first gear. Once you're in second gear... off it goes!

foxy367

May 12, 2007
Wigan
got my revenge today hehehehehehehehe blonde in a TT with her fella onboard, got alongside on a roundabout and got lit up the carriageway - i couldnt get past but he wasnt pulling away. next stop her fella puts the window down and smirks like they 'won'. when i said 'mines diesel' his bird burst out laughing and he put the window back up. crushed with 2 words lol classic moment . . . . . . . . . . sorry if i sound sad but it made my day :D

Brilliant!!!! Reminds me of that classic bit in fast and the furious when he smokes the Ferrari

"What's the retail on one of those?"
"More than you can afford.....Pal"

We can smoke with the black stuff too!

I did a Merc the other day he wasn't best pleased!!!!! :whistle:

techno

Sep 15, 2007
Cannock Staffs
took my Mk2 TDi Fr to Star Perfermance in Kirkaldy, Scotland. Had it dyno'd after i had a K&N filter element installed in place of paper filter. Was kicking out 188bhp and 360Nm.

The guy told me not the get it remapped for the time being because he's had a quite a few customers not getting much of an increase in power or torque. His explanation was the DPF was a restricting factor in how much the car can be tuned atm. But he's waiting to see how things develop with the milltek exhaust system with down pipe (which removes the particle filter). So i'm going to give it a few months to see how things develop. I'm currently considering getting the DPF removed has i feel it's giving me very inconsistent fuel consumption as i do a lot of in town driving (giving it a big of welly everyday, 2 motorway runs a week). because the regenation cycle for the DPF kicks in it increase fuel consumption a fair bit. this is from what i've notice anyway.

Milltek exhaust and down pipe is my current plan, then get a remap. if necessary a sachs clutch to handle the extra torque.

PS: whats the current best mapping company out there right now? (revo, Tunit, CC, Celtic tuning, etc)

How much was the K&N filter and have you got any pics

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland

nice one.
reminded me of this clip HERE of a supra embarassing a lamborghini lp 640.
classic.

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Originally Posted by techno
How much was the K&N filter and have you got any pics

don't have pics of my K&N filter element as it's housed in the original airbox. it's basically a panel filter. it's about 50 pounds. best compromise as this doesn't affect the warranty. i know of induction kits available but going to wait til later to fit that as don;'t want to void the warranty too early.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.