Remapping & upgrades ?? Seat Leon FR tdi 2.0

ryancboyo

Sep 6, 2018
Scarborough
Hi peeps, I have a 2006 Seat Leon FR tdi 2.0... really want to do her up and get her remapped etc but the cars done 140k does any one think it’s a bad idea getting a remap with this kind of mileage etc? Also what modifications do you reccomend before getting a remap? Iv just fitted a new ramair induction kit

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi, welcome to the forums. I think more important than the mileage is which engine do you have? Not really my area of expertise, but I believe 2006 is the PD engine. So if you went 140 it doesn't have a DPF and could effectively be mapped up to about 170-180 bhp from software alone. But the 170 has a DPF and if I recall was quite keen to block it, made even worse by a Stage 1 map, so some companies just stopped offering it.

ryancboyo

Sep 6, 2018
Scarborough
Hi, yeah the engine is a pd engine with DPF & is 170bhp standard... the place I am thinking of getting it remapped has said they can do a stage 1 remap which gives an extra 45bhp, 70nm torque & 10mpg... they also said they can do dpf delete and egr delete?

Do you think it’s worth a remap?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hmm, not sure what to say to that. 45bhp, maybe, but I'd expect more around +30bhp. When I went Stage 1 with my 2012 FR TDI I maybe gained 1-2mpg. But the thing that worries me more is the offer of the DPF delete which is now an instant MOT fail.

ryancboyo

Sep 6, 2018
Scarborough
Ahh cheers for the help mate. Yeah I really fancy doing some good mods to improve speed, power etc... just stuck on what to do next. I’m going to speak to another remapping company to see what they can offer etc and what they thinks best on my seat... as maybe a dpf delete would be a bad thing... MOT is due soon. ‍♂️ just stuck on what kind of mods to do other than the intake which I fitted!

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Intake won't help in a diesel I'm afraid. There's lots of mods you can do on a diesel.....just when it comes to power gains they cost....

In regards to DPF removal I've heard all sorts, for example hollowing it out and welding in some rods...how you would get around the MOT I don't know but I do know that the casing has to be there and ideally not hollow sounding.

Other thing to check I'd turbo boost because if it's overboosting and you get a map the turbo will fail. Performance upgrade options:

- EGR delete - helps with responsiveness and stops recycling dirty air. - need to keep the EGR visually in place to pass an MOT and map out the EGR error.

- Remap - Need to ensure the engine is healthy, serviced, has had cambelt replaced. Is clutch healthy? Healthy turbo? These are all common failure points. Make sure the car is dynoed before a remap.

DPF delete - Needs doing if you go with an EGR delete, EGR delete alone clogs the DPF. I'm not sure if it's changed but people used to modify the DPF casing as to get through the MOT. DPF's really aren't good in that they often clog up and need a forced regen, I'd look into how a delete can be done whilst still getting through an MOT.

In addition to the above, check for error codes using OBD2. Also is it worth first upgrading handling with uprated breaks and suspension?

I've gotten to a point where my cars pretty healthy minus a tempromental turbo which likes to stick. One option I have is a bolt in upgrade turbo but time and money!

Apr 5, 2020
Hi there I got 2012 seat Leon 2.0 TDI FR+ 170ps I’m looking to get a turbo upgrade the problem I’m having I don’t know what turbo upgrade need could any body help me with this ?

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Lots of options, you'll need to change a bunch of other parts as well depending on what turbo you go for.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members