Removing rear Cupra badge

nf2029

Aug 28, 2015
Is it possible to remove the rear Cupra badge (the 2 part flag) without causing any substantial damage? I only ordered the car last week and have yet to even be given a build date but just interested in whether it is something I should do or ask the dealer to do pre-delivery.

It's funny that it's not an option as it is in Audi's, Beemers etc. I really like the idea of the car looking as normal as possible but then being a complete animal under the bonnet. I also am tempted to pain the brake calipers black! The front badge and the "Cupra" being written on the back don;t bother me so much but that rear badge just sticks out to me!!

Any help appreciated.

JF77

Oct 28, 2003
Derby
Visit site
its just stuck on with a double sided pad. A piece of cotton or thin string should 'saw' thru the pad without damage to the paintwork. Then remove the residue.

Last edited:

nf2029

Aug 28, 2015
Thanks guys. Looks simple enough, although I will be scared of leaving marks and he really has some decent tools to get rid of them which I do not have so may leave it be or take it to a bodyshop to be done!

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Seriously mate, do notable this to a body shop they will laugh at you and/or rob you. Just wash the car (2 bucket of course) and then use dental floss. It's waxed so it'll be ok I've done it with my mk2

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Thanks guys. Looks simple enough, although I will be scared of leaving marks and he really has some decent tools to get rid of them which I do not have so may leave it be or take it to a bodyshop to be done!

You'll get laughed at if you take your car to a body shop to remove a badge :lol: stop being such a fanny and just do it with some dental floss (when your car is here, of course).

nf2029

Aug 28, 2015
Fanny comment taken on board! Ha! I just did it on my first car years ago and it left a horrible dirty glue mark, which I could never get rid of despite how much glue cleaner I used etc. and I ended up leaving marks in the paint trying to clean it.

I won't be removing the letters as I don't really think you notice them as much, it's just the badge sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I think it will look so much cleaner without.

In regards to resale, I am pretty sure I will just trade it in when I buy another car, as that is what I usually do after being ripped off in a monumental by the worlds most crooked second hand car salesman in Kent when I sold my S3. But that is a story for another day!!

Just wish the car would bl**dy well hurry up! It hasn't even been given a build date yet as the factory only reopened after it's summer break on Tuesday!!

MK_FR

May 20, 2007
Finland
I think most people would laugh at you for taking the badge off!

Are you going to take the letters off as well?

I have removed badges and letters from all of my cars.. makes waxing so much easier.

Usually also looks better and "cleaner". I have mostly used hair dryer so that glue is soft and then ultra thin fishing line, never caused a scratch. Sometimes just heating is enough.
Rest of the glue can be removed (if there is any, heating helps) with anything that doesn't damage the paint, even gasoline has worked.

I think that Cupra's flag badges etc. are a bit tacky.. reminds me of this.

DSC06017.jpg

RpR

Sep 24, 2008
Denmark
I'm not removing mine, there's currently only 4 5F Cupra's registered in Denmark, I don't mind people knowing it means business :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.