Removing the sound deadening stuff fro the bonnet

CR2IGR

Anyone done this on a leon cupra?

Thinking of doing it to help with cooling?

What difference in noise did you notice, alot more engine noise?

Is it worth doing?

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
quite a few people have done this. There is a bit more engine noise, nothing offensive though.

S17EW O

i wana do this but am worried that the extra heat is not good for my ovni bonnet!?

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
i wana do this but am worried that the extra heat is not good for my ovni bonnet!?

It ok, think about it, the same paint is used in your engine bay on the strut towers etc...
I've had mine off for over a year now, I put it back on recently cause with all my mods the noise was starting to bug me.

Last edited:

turbin

I did it bcs it was hugging my cone filter, oh and it sounded much better as a bonus.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Another sound deadening remover here :)

Loving the sound of the turbo through the silicone T.I.P i just fitted, and the dump valve is much more noticeable, do it ;)

S17EW O

I appreciate your point but that paint under there is not a gloss finish and bs probbly faded. With all the paint fade problems ovni yellow has I can see a year or 2 down the line having a big faded patch in the centre of my bonnet! :-(

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
I did this on my LCR a couple of months ago. No issues with paint damage on the bonnet so far and I have been for a fair few "spirited" drives since.

Just be careful to keep the little plastic clip things, they can break when you take them out and it's easy to drop them into the engine bay - keep one hand directly below in case you drop it. If one gets stuck in somewhere that gets very hot the melted plastic might cause issues.

Slightly increased induction, turbo and dump valve noise, certainly not to chavvy levels tho. Can hear the valves tapping away and the charcoal can too a little more but not really when you're inside the car with the windows closed.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
My paint has been fine.... the only issue is hearing every poop, ding, sqidge and gurgle coming from your engine and not panicing:whistle: