Renda's Ibiza TDI Sport (pd130)

Renda

Feb 1, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
how long did it take you to fit the FMIC?

car looks superb by the way!

The fitting took about 5 hours because we had to make the carriers ourselves (brackets, if that’s how that's called ).

My dealer didn't manage to get them on time so we had to improvise!

Here are some pictures of the brackets and of the pipe where we have put the MAP sensor on...

ph2858 - you need 2 brackets, one for each side of the ic (you'll see them on the pictures)!

Been to the dyno today!

Results, maximum power wise, haven't changed, but the car produces more power in the higher revs range. I could feel that on the road also - it just pulls like hell till 4000 rpm!

And it seems I lost 10Nm of torque, but that's not even noticeable on the road!

But there's still a mistery of why the car has such a drastic loss of power on the wheels!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
could be clutch slip or transmission problems??

also have you got a pic of the map pipe on the car??

Tall-Paul

Previously ph2858 :D
Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
i had to go into the stealers yesterday and whilst i was there i got a price on the SEAT sport FMIC, £ 262.85 + VAT :whistle: (£308.85).
i asked about the brackets and the hoses etc to link up with the current intake system and he gave me a printed diagram detailing every part in the system and they are all numbered! :clap:

i need the bracket no 14, do u know the part number for it?

Renda

Feb 1, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
could be clutch slip or transmission problems??

also have you got a pic of the map pipe on the car??

I don't thing it's clutch slip because it was changed a year ago and I don't feel it on the road...

Afraid it could be the transmission as i had it repaired about a month ago! :cry:

You can't see a lot in this picture, but just to get the idea where the sensor is located...

Renda

Feb 1, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
how was it repaired

I'm not sure how the parts are called (in English), but I thing it's the bearings that where repaired and the tooth-gearing on the differential... This was all done at the dealers by the way...

Firstly they thought my 2. gear was faulty because you could here a knocking noise when you would let the car roll on it's own from 2000rpm in the 2. gear...

Renda

Feb 1, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
fair do's :)

not fancy a lsd??

Maybe in the future, but have no idea which to get or even where to get it from...:blink:

Just contacted a mate who works at my dealers and told him about my problem... He said he'll give me his car someday next week, while he's at work, to take it to the dyno and see how it stands!:clap:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
it seems to get a better flow and sounds nicer on the 1.8 20vt with a forge007 r.v and green panel filter :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.