Replacement pedals

Luffer

May 2, 2009
Hi guys,

I traded in my old MK2 Leon 1.9 TDi Stylance and picked up a Mk3 2.0 TDi FR DSG today. Really pleased with it for the few miles I've managed so far. Noticing a big improvement in the interior quality fit and finish and the media controller/Sat Nav is great.

One thing I'd like to do though is swap the pedals for some smart aluminium pedals. Does such an after market option exist? Obviously being the DSG model I want accelerator and large brake plus the dead pedal on the center post. Anyone able to link me?

Thanks!

Luffer

May 2, 2009
My pedals arrived today with no instuctions, I'm a little unsure about how to install. I kind of assume you just put them over the existing pedals as they are just covers rather than a full pedal. But can anyone confirm that is correct?

I asked the seller for advice on how to install them and I got this reply:

"its very easy u just pull them off and slot them in, they slotted in can be slotted out"

So I'm glad he cleared that up for me!

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
Yes they are just slip over pedal covers you will need to remove the old pedal covers using a small flat bladed screw driver or appropriate trim tool then apply a little silicone spray to the new pedals and slide them over the pedals (spray is not needed but make it easier)

Luffer

May 2, 2009
I've now received my pedal covers, but I'm having trouble fitting the accelerator cover. It just won't fit/stay on the pedal.

It looks like it's not quite the right shape to me, so I'm wondering if my accelerator is different for some reason? I've got a few pictures to illustrate and hopefully get some ideas back.

First up, here's my accelerator pedal:

IMG_20150909_120521.jpg

It's hard plastic and seems to be permanently fixed to the arm (unlike the brake which already had a cover I could remove).

Next up is the actual pedal cover itself, notice it has a significant convex curve to it. My pedal is almost flat with a very slight convex profile, but nowhere near as pronounced as this:

IMG_20150909_120436.jpg

Looking at the rear of the cover I'm assuming that the top of the pedal is at the top in the picture. The problem I have though, is that when it's on, the only thing holding it on are the two tiny little top corner rubber edges.. but they are only a few mm wide. Consequently when I use the pedal, it just slides right off!

IMG_20150909_120448.jpg

The final image shows the cover attached to the pedal, as you can see, the curve of the two don't match and the rubber won't go around the pedal.

IMG_20150909_120842.jpg

So, is this the same as other people? Am I doing something wrong? Have I got the wrong thing? I can't see any way to make the cover stay on the pedal. The brake cover went on the brake pedal really easily and seems like a good fit, it's just the accelerator that's causing me the issue.

Regards

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise