Resonator Delete

Feb 8, 2021
Hi guys. I ordered a resonator delete pipe for my Seat leon cupra st 300 from 2020 (made in 2019).
Omce i got the thing and was about to change it. I noticed that i do not have the same exhaust pipe as the retailer said i had. I have a echaust pipe like this one. ( photo from google so not my car )
9164C270-3377-46BB-86DD-247316D6CD98.jpeg

But the retailer and if i search on it. It sais otherwise. I do not tknow if this is from the 2020 model or if im jut confused. There is 2 mufflers in the back, the left one is bigger than the right one.
If anyone know how this works and can shime some light into my lack of knowledge here, it would be shashing.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
There is no resonator fitted on the MY19 onwards (build from Sep 2018) Cupra ST, post introduction of WLTP compliant vehicles.

The two boxes at the front are the GPF/OPF (gasoline particulate filter).

This should help explain better (supported vs non-supported versions):

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yeah sadly due to new cars and their GPF/OPF/PPF* muting the sound, they clearly had to remove the resonator to at least give it some noise..

Your options on the 4drive are to either:

a) Gut out the rear silencers - Should still help with drone as you're not changing the internal sizes.

b) Back box delete - Another cheap option if you don't mind drone.

c) Back box delete and add as resonator to combat drone..

d) Get a Golf R GPF/OPF/PPF* Exhaust and a Maxton rear diffuser.

e) Get a full exhaust system.

(*delete as appropriate - Gasoline Particulate Filter / OttoPartikelFilter / Petrol Particle Filter)

Reactions: Maypack

Dwelsh290

Feb 7, 2021
I had to get under the car and send a good few photos to progressive parts to ensure I had ordered the correct res delete first, hopefully will fit fine when I get round to it lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.