Retrofit wireless phone charger “qi”

Jonny Brewer

Dec 4, 2018
I took apart the centre console trim and stuck a wireless charger to the bottom of the tray area and ran power to it. No cables are visible and it works fine I just chuck my phone in the tray and it charges. However if I could get my hands on the official SEAT wireless charging pad then I would 100% retrofit that but can't seem to find them anywhere. I have also ran a hidden USB cable from the centre USB ports which comes out in the arm rest, again no cables are visible so when I want to use apple car play I can just plug my phone in the arm rest and hide it away with no messy cables! All you need is some cheap trim tools from amazon and it all comes apart very easily and snaps back into place.

Reactions: LuM

AndreasSweden

Jan 11, 2019
Stockholm Sweden
I took apart the centre console trim and stuck a wireless charger to the bottom of the tray area and ran power to it. No cables are visible and it works fine I just chuck my phone in the tray and it charges. However if I could get my hands on the official SEAT wireless charging pad then I would 100% retrofit that but can't seem to find them anywhere. I have also ran a hidden USB cable from the centre USB ports which comes out in the arm rest, again no cables are visible so when I want to use apple car play I can just plug my phone in the arm rest and hide it away with no messy cables! All you need is some cheap trim tools from amazon and it all comes apart very easily and snaps back into place.
Hi!
Great stuff!
I'll try to locate the original and see how much it is.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.