Aftermarket parking sensor to MMI

camboblanco

Aug 7, 2023
Hi All, first time post :)
My wife has a 2019 Fr Sport, which has come with aftermarket rear parking sensors. The control module is mounted on the dash and not through the MMI. I was hoping to retrofit this to work with the park pilot and was wondering if anyone has done this, or knows how one would undertake such a task. I am aware it will require some OBD 11 input, but my initial thoughts are how this is possible with the hardware i.e can I remove the wire from the module and wire into the MMI and code or is it going to be more complicated than that (most likely!) Thanks in advance :)

przebiegly

Sep 4, 2021
Poland
impossible with this aftermarket equipment to connect it to the mmi

to do it as in the original from the factory and connect to the MMI, you need an ori 4-channel module with parameterization for 3 sensors (this is the original from the factory, but you can also do it with 4 because you probably have 4 sensors now), sensors, sensor gaskets, harnesses, sensor baskets, buzzer (for the version with 3 sensors at the back)

while the version with the front (4 sensors front and 3 rear) everything as above, except that the 8-channel module with parameterization for 7 sensors + additional buzzer and on / off button for tunnel sensors (on the other side of the gear lever) of course sensors etc.

the question is how are the sensors you have now mounted and will they fit after removing them ori - are the sensors that are now mounted not larger than the ori? if so, the bumper needs to be replaced (original hole for the sensor is 18mm - sensor with a gasket)

of course, at the end all coding, parameterization, etc. :D

judge for yourself if it's worth playing with it ;)

I recently added 4 sensors to the front of my wife's car and it's a bit of fun (she originally had 3 in the back in her ibiza)

Last edited:
Reactions: camboblanco
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.