Rev limiter

IanH123

Feb 22, 2006
Hi Guys apology's if this has already been asked, yes I have searched the forum.
I have just ordered a mk2 Leon FR as part of a loan scheme through work. £110 a month for 6 months then get a new one hmm OK then, and one of my colleagues posed the question of at what level does the rev limiter engage :shrug:
I think in my current 03 Cupra its around 6500-7000 but unable to find it on any websites for a mk2.
So if anyone has a spare moment at lunch ;) or already knows would appreciate the info.

Thanks Ian

ghosty

Jun 14, 2007
essex
thats interesting, good reply! something to test out once a few more miles have been clocked up ;)

IanH123

Feb 22, 2006
So reading that sounds like the DSG gear box is good but when you want to thrash your car and push it that bit more its quite restrictive.
I have gone for a manual gear box anyway so maybe it will go a little more

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
The thing is its not worth thrashing it too much becuase our little k03s turbos start to die off at the end of the rev range.

IanH123

Feb 22, 2006
what did you have before Dan, as above I have a 03 Cupra and its alot of fun but have ordered the mk2 today and havent test driven it yet, but finacially it makes sence and its a loaner so is replaced every 6 months so shouldnt have any real costs for it.
I really want someone to say they have had a cupra and now gone to mk2 and its a lot better but I like the mk1, but it needs changing.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I had a skoda fabia 1.4 8v before... but ive driven a mk1 cupra and it was horrid compared to the new leon. :)

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
i had a leon cupra r before, it was a great car but i just got sick of the crap suspension and the amount of them that are going about... i had a shot of the new cupra and it is alot better than my old R but to be fair it is 4 years newer... all the same it seemed to handle alot better, the interior is one of the best to look at and to sit in, only draw back i can see is it doesnt look as good as the MK1 style (my opinion) and obviously i am not saying the new car is ugly or else i would not have bought one.... but i think you will be VERY impressed with your new car mate

IanH123

Feb 22, 2006
i had a leon cupra r before, it was a great car but i just got sick of the crap suspension and the amount of them that are going about... i had a shot of the new cupra and it is alot better than my old R but to be fair it is 4 years newer... all the same it seemed to handle alot better, the interior is one of the best to look at and to sit in, only draw back i can see is it doesnt look as good as the MK1 style (my opinion) and obviously i am not saying the new car is ugly or else i would not have bought one.... but i think you will be VERY impressed with your new car mate

Thanks good feed back, I agree about the looks thing too, the mk1 is a nice looking car but, dare i say maybe starting to look a little dated now:whistle: hence another reason to change.
The new Leon does look a little to like the Altea just lower which is a little disappointing, where as the mk1 is quite sporty looking. I suppose the Cupra looks the best in the range but its not in my bracket unfortunately.
Anyway its ordered now so looking forward to getting it

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise