Reverse light sensor

Jun 14, 2021
Please could someone help I've got a altea XL 2.0tdi dsg 2007 my reverse lights are not working I'm trying to find the location of the reverse sensor switch but struggling to find it may help thanks

mendez

Feb 13, 2017
West Midlands
Hi mate,

I think it's a sensor, screwed into the gearbox. Well is was, on my Corsa C...when I had the same issue. Good place to start

Jun 14, 2021
Hi mate,

I think it's a sensor, screwed into the gearbox. Well is was, on my Corsa C...when I had the same issue. Good place to start
Looked at gearbox carnt seem find it looked on top and underneath just hoping someone as ad the same car mad know where it is thanks for the reply

mendez

Feb 13, 2017
West Midlands
Looked at gearbox carnt seem find it looked on top and underneath just hoping someone as ad the same car mad know where it is thanks for the reply
It's most likely behind the wheel arch liner. Remove the wheel, then remove/peel back the liner. If the car is jacked up...you can do both sides together

Sep 18, 2021
It's most likely behind the wheel arch liner. Remove the wheel, then remove/peel back the liner. If the car is jacked up...you can do both sides together
I have the same situation here. I've looked all over the net & youtube and for the life of me, cannot find any diagram of were the Reverse Light Switch is on a Altea XL 1.6 2007. Every other car, yes but not Altea, unbelievable. Just to had, I asked a local garage price of installing it, they said 40 to £50 ? If I knew were it was located, I could do it myself...

Last edited: