Reverse Lights

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
Need some clarification regarding reverse lights
I've got a 5 door FR tech pack, convenience pack plus which is only 2 months old and a neighbour had pointed out that only one of my reverse lights was working.
I was pretty surprised seeing as the all the lights are LED which have very long lifespans.
I queried it with the dealer today and he has said:
'The Leon 5 door only has 1 reverse light so it’s OK.'
Is that correct or is he pulling a fast one ?

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
thanks Ckpearce91, that's put my mind at ease bit strange though seeing as both of the rear light enclosures are symmetrical so I thought they'd have the same lighting. Having two lights so would also help s I have the reverse camera in mine too

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
The Single Reverse Light is pants end of.
Ive put a LED type light in mine but its no much better.
The twin 21w light units in the Mk1 are like night & day.
Been considering some aftermarket discreet LED units around the number-plate somewhere
but unsure.

Deleted member 98136

Put a LED bulb in mine and also used OBDeleven to increase it to its maximum, still not good enough for reversing and illuminating the area behind with sufficient light.

Now seriously considering mounting an additional reversing light underneath the rear bumper in the middle of the car, thankfully they are still available.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
The Single Reverse Light is pants end of.
Ive put a LED type light in mine but its no much better.
The twin 21w light units in the Mk1 are like night & day.
Been considering some aftermarket discreet LED units around the number-plate somewhere
but unsure.

Depends which led bulb you get as well, some of them are crap and lots of chips on the bulb or high price does not always = a bright bulb
Often the chips are useless and badly heatsinked and are rarely genuine Cree chips
I tried a few, none worked great even using the rear camera, finally got one off a local stereo installer, really good I can back up my unlit lane no problem.
Will try and find out what make they are and where he got it if anyone's interested

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
Depends which led bulb you get as well, some of them are crap and lots of chips on the bulb or high price does not always = a bright bulb
Often the chips are useless and badly heatsinked and are rarely genuine Cree chips
I tried a few, none worked great even using the rear camera, finally got one off a local stereo installer, really good I can back up my unlit lane no problem.
Will try and find out what make they are and where he got it if anyone's interested

I got the so called CREE type one off ebay about 18months ago that plenty said to get
But its still naff.
Please tell us what you have